Did you know: Bali is the 5th most popular destination for Malaysian travellers during CNY according to Agoda?
If you’ve made a mental note to ‘travel more’ this year, start with a destination within the region that isn’t too far. Just 3 hours away from Kuala Lumpur, Bali offers you the quick getaway from the country and the city life. The best part of this is that you can pack and travel light! After all, you'll mostly be by the beach. Pack a few t-shirts, shorts, and a towel and you're good to go! Leave your laptop at home, grab a most reliable, lightweight tablet as it is more than enough to cover everything from streaming videos, e-reading, and games.
Ready? Here are 16 exotic places to stay in Bali. Which one is your favourite?
1. Alila Villas Uluwatu. With infinity pools and open spaces, the modern Alila Villas is a great place to unwind. There's also a personal butler for you too!
2. Viceroy Bali Resort & Spa. Situated in Bali's "Valley of the Kings", you'll definitely feel like royalty with the resort's beautifully designed private pool villas.
3. Luxurious Ubud Hanging Gardens. What makes this resort stand out among the rest is the beautiful landscape. Vast agricultural and steep rice terraces surrounds the resort, giving travellers a magnificent view.
4. Villa Pererepan. This eco-friendly resort is nestled deep in the rainforests of Bali. Don't be surprised to see a gecko or a frog visiting to say hi!
5. Pandan Tree Villa. Hidden away in the laidback Canggu, you get to enjoy the gorgeous Bali sunsets without the crowd in Kuta.
6. Zoe Villa. Located just 1km away from Berawa beach, this family-owned villa gives you the privacy you need with your own private pool and kitchenette!
7. The Kirana is located minutes away from Batu Bolong Beach, a popular surf spot in the semi-rural village of Canggu. There's also an elevated sunset terrace so that you get the best views every day.
8. Bliss Ubud Bungalow. This rustic bungalow comes complete with paddy field views and insta-worthy gardens to stroll in. Did we mention that there's stone massages and chocolate treatments here?
9. The Nirwana Resort & Spa. Situated in Candidasa, the resort is located a stone's throw away from great diving sites and ancient temples. Be sure to visit the Karangasem Palace too.
10. The Griya Villas & Spa. All villas has a private pool with an infinity edge that overlooks the gorgeous Lipah Bay. It's also pretty near to the Gili islands, a heaven for diving.
11. The Damai. "Hard to find, hard to leave" is their tagline, and we agree. With distant Javanese volcanoes as your backdrop and the Ambangan waterfalls nearby, The Damai literally gives you the peace you need.
12. Villa Agung Beach Inn. If you're looking for something more homey, the Villa Agung Beach Inn is for you. The best thing to do here is the dolphin tours!
13. Villa Puri Purnama With the majestic Gunung Agung behind and the blue oceans in the front, it's not hard to just laze around and enjoy the gentle sea breeze.
14. The Menjangan Resort. The Menjangan is located in one of the least visited, but most beautiful places in Bali. From trekking to diving, there are plenty of activities for everyone!
15. Taman Sari Bali Villa. If you're an art aficionado, this place is for you. Furnished with zen and contemporary art, this villa is just a few steps away from the happening Seminyak.
16. The Laguna Resort & Spa. The Laguna Resort & Spa. If long beaches and pristine white sand aren't enough for you, The Laguna has 7 different blue lagoons and pools spread across the resort. Take your pick.
So what are you waiting for? Stop surfing the Internet and plan your Bali trip now!
‘Forget it all’ and leave everything behind at your next beach getaway. Travel smart, and light.
You've been working hard throughout the year and you deserve a break. For trips like these, it always pays to pack light. It saves the hassle and gives you more flexibility to travel around. Bring a few changes of clothes, after all you'll be spending time sun tanning or in the sea. For entertainment and being connected, consider something lightweight and handy like a tablet.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 barely weighs more than a bottle of water (it's 272 grams!). On top of that it has a 4:3 ratio, AMOLED screen which basically means it's perfect for watching movies, or just for reading a good e-book after a day out at the beach. Oh, it also comes with fingerprint security so you don't have to worry about prying housekeepers. Curious? Learn more here.