When it comes to ordering food, we Malaysians have got it down to a fine art
Most might think a verbal request for the bill is sufficient but nope, not us! We take it to the next level by adding some visual aid up in there.
1. The FIRST thing you do when you take a seat: "Bagi menu."
Also sheepishly used when you've finished your meal and feel like browsing through the desserts section.
2. When you're watching your waistline: "Kurang manis ah!"
For when you're on a diet but can't quite give up your morning teh tarik.
3. When you asked for 'extra pedas' but your nasi goreng still needs more kick: "Kak, bagi cili potong!"
It's as if there's a part of our subconscious that worries if we don't show the cutting gesture, the kakak might serve us whole uncut cili padi.
4. When you're especially hungry: "Nasi tambah satu!"
5. When your roti canai arrives at the table, but they didn't give you any kuah: "Anneh, kasi itu kuah kari!"
How else are you supposed to have your roti canai banjir?
6. When you've reached the end of the meal: "Mintak bill."
Asking for the bill just doesn't feel right without signing an imaginary piece of paper.
7. When you've reached the end of the meal (mamak edition): "Bos, kira!"
At the end of the day, it's these simple, everyday things that make us what we truly are - unmistakably Malaysian! =)
What other gestures do we tend to make when we're ordering food? Share with us your favourite ones in the comments below!