[PHOTOS] 22 Malls In Malaysia With Gorgeous Hiasan Raya That Will Take Your Breath Away
Cover image via Intermark Mall (Provided to SAYS) & Sunway Carnival Mall (Facebook)
1. The perfect mix of festive and nostalgia can be found at The Mall, Mid Valley Southkey, Johor Bahru. From waus to traditional lanterns, you can stroll through the village stalls, picking up seasonal snacks and charming little trinkets.
2. At Mitsui Outlet Park, you and your bestie (or significant other, hehe) can capture picture-perfect moments with a gorgeous rumah Raya decked in pastel colours!
3. Head to Sunway Carnival Mall in Penang and bask in 'Cahaya Raya', where the decor draws inspiration from the tradition of lighting oil lamps during Ramadan
4. Pavilion KL's 'Raya Togetherness' theme features an antique house that is transformed into a modern heritage house through batik decoration, with vibrant lanterns hanging from above
5. Inspired by the tradition of Malam Tujuh Likur, experience 1 Utama's 'Sinar Estetika Aidilfitri' with Arabic lanterns as well as enchanting floral and luminescent lights. Plus, feast on tantalising eats like authentic Turkish cuisine.
6. Sunway Pyramid showcases an Arabesque design, with neon-filled and geometrical structures that are both vibrant and colourful
7. Immerse yourself in a beautiful sea of lights and festive decorations at Sunway Velocity Mall, along with a platform you can step on that shows sparkly fireworks!
8. Walk through an interactive light tunnel, pose for pics in front of a multicoloured star structure, and shop to your heart's content at Sunway Putra Mall
9. Get ready to be "wau-ed" with Mid Valley Megamall KL's Raya decor this year, boasting colourful kites and decorations at their wau-themed kampung!
10. Tak jadi balik kampung? Check out Suria KLCC's coastal fishing village, featuring a traditional rumah kampung furnished with vintage fittings and props such as colourful fishing boats.
11. Be transported back in time with Paradigm Mall Johor Bahru's wooden kampung structures, decorated with floral batik motifs that reflect the country's rich heritage
12. Themed 'Nostalgia Raya', you can relive your childhood memories at The Curve with its kampung-themed ambiance and paddy field!
13. Bangsar Shopping Centre is decked with illuminating lanterns, fairy lights, and a beautiful floral pavilion that welcomes you to soak in the Raya vibes
14. Take picturesque photos at The Mines Shopping Mall. Its 'Majestika Raya' theme gives it a minimalistic yet regal look that is reminiscent of a pelamin.
15. The Starling stays true to its theme of 'Warna Warni Aidilfitri', as it boasts the beauty of Sabah and Sarawak with murals and colorful motifs
16. Take in the breathtaking blue, pink, and purple flowers with luminous lights at IOI City Mall Putrajaya
17. Aside from featuring beautiful blooming flowers, Farenheit88 has plenty of Instagrammable spots with bright neon lights and mirrors throughout the mall
18. Intermark Mall's 'Weaving Raya' lets you appreciate one of Malaysia's oldest traditional artforms by displaying weaved crafts such as textile products and baskets
19. You're in for an immersive experience with Da Men USJ's vibrant kampung, which has traditional musical instruments set against the backdrop of a lush tropical garden filled with the soothing sounds of nature
20. Visit MyTOWNKL to check out a warm and nostalgic Malay kampung with intricate details such as traditional wooden panels, combined with modern elements of clean lines, bold colours, and contemporary shapes
21. From stunning lanterns to intricate Arabic features, Berjaya Times Square is fitted with plenty of decor to create the perfect Raya photo with your loved ones
22. 163 Retail Park's 'Blooming Garden' is hands-down the prettiest Insta-worthy spot in the vicinity to capture your Raya OOTD, accompanied by cute bunnies in batik!
For more #raya2023 stories: