Can't Parallel Park To Save Your Life? This Step-By-Step Guide Is For You
A video showing arguably the worst parallel parking attempt in history has been captured and released for the world to see
The clip, which was posted on Unilad last week, has garnered over 42 million views on Facebook so far.
Although we can’t see from the video, the driver of the car was apparently a woman.
When she finally made it into the spot, a chorus of cheers erupted from the onlookers
It's unclear how long she took to park her car since the clip was cut down to six minutes and 25 seconds.
Parallel parking can get pretty challenging, even for seasoned drivers. However, there is no reason to be nervous about this driving skill if you know what to do. Here's a simple yet effective guide to help you out:
1. First, pull up to the vehicle that’s in front of the spot that you’re parallel parking in
If the cars are at different lengths, line up the back of your car with the back of the front vehicle as best as you can.
The starting point is the most important and it could make or break your ability to manoeuvre into the curb.
2. Put your car into reverse and slowly turn your steering wheel all the way to the right. Stop when your car is at the 45-degree angle.
3. While stopped, straighten your steering wheel and back up slowly until your vehicle's front bumper is parallel with the back bumper of the car in front.
4. Now turn your steering wheel all the way to the left, stay stopped while you do this. After that, you can start backing up again.
5. Once your car is parallel with the curb, stop and turn your steering wheel to face forwards. Congrats, you're in!
Treat parallel parking like mastering a new instrument; your judgement, accuracy, and confidence will eventually get better when you practice more!