RIUH Goes Retro To Celebrate Tan Sri P. Ramlee, International Women's Day & Earth Hour
P. Ramlee impersonators, Tarakucha Tapau!, Keretapi Sarong, Salon Retro RIUH, and so much more!
Klang Valley’s favourite weekend event is back this month and they're paying tribute to the past because old is gold.
There will be tonnes of live performances, brought to you by the Cultural Economy Development Agency (CENDANA) and Seni Negaraku.
P. Ramlee - This is one RIUH you don't want to miss as RIUH pays tribute to the legendary Tan Sri P. Ramlee in conjunction with his birthday this March.Super Women - RIUH is also paying homage to women in honour of International Women's Day by featuring social enterprise, Jari Indai and NGO, Sze Women of Hope that help single moms and women in business as well as a showcase featuring inspiring women in the creative industry.
Check out the details of this special event:
Date: 24 - 25 March 2018
Time: 10am - 9pm
Venue: APW Bangsar, Jalan Riong
1. Shop for artisanal goodies!
Check out a curated selection of homegrown brands with amazing products for you to bring home.
2. Vote for the best artwork to be displayed on buildings in KL
3. Join exciting, creative workshops and activities
- Acting Workshop by F Talent - One-hour introductory acting workshop with access to professional actors in the industry.
- Photography Basics by All is Amazing - Learn the basics of photography from Paul Staniunas.
- Coffee Art by KL Sketch Nation - Make cool art from coffee stains.
- Ukelele Lessons by Ferris Music - 30-minute sessions of basic ukulele skills with a free learning booklet.
4. Ladies, get your hair done retro-style at the Retro RIUH Salon and strike a pose at the photobooth (for free!)
5. Let Sean Ghazi and his band, Tarakucha! Tapau serenade you as they perform music dedicated to P. Ramlee's work
6. Be entertained by impersonators of three famous P. Ramlee characters as they perform and interact with visitors
Catch this one-of-a-kind interactive performance where iconic characters from P. Ramlee's movies are brought to life at RIUH. This is part of a new initiative by F Talent called #JomTeater.
7. Enjoy live music and cultural performances from amazing talents
The live acts at RIUH are brought to you in collaboration with CENDANA and Seni Negaraku, to promote art and culture in Malaysia.
Check out the acts that will be performing at Retro RIUH:
- Budak Nakal Hujung Simpang - This SKA Nusantara band has everything, including vocals, saxophone, trumpet, bass & drums
- Public School - An eclectic DJ Collective that will set the tone with a retro playlist
- Rapsodi Gamelan - A contemporary take on traditional instruments
- Mahadivya Dance - Classical Indian Dance theatre
- and Buskers!
8. Dance with Keratapi Sarong!
Keretapi Sarong is a social initiative that promotes the use of public transport while preserving cultural attire. Their objective is to create awareness and love for the nation by celebrating our diversity through song, dance, and sarongs!
So delight in what makes Malaysia unique by putting on a sarong and dancing with people from all walks of life.
9. Explore performing arts with experimental theatre and acting programmes
RIUH is collaborating with F Talent to bring performing arts closer to the community.
Here are the programmes to look forward to:
- Performing Arts Expo at Uppercase - In collaboration with F Talent, discover the world of performing arts in #JomTeater.
- In A Different Light - an experimental theatre show directed by Helena Foo as a tribute to Earth Hour. In partnership with Suna Productions, I'M Entertainment, and F Talent.
10. And many more!
- Bas Tak Sekolah - Indulge in books on a school bus with a difference.
- Kopitiam RIUH - Take a breather and chill out at RIUH's very own *kopitiam*!
As always, there's a special GRAB promo code to get you there so you don't have to worry about parking! Just use the promo code GRABRIUH
Got cool news to share?