How to make a healthy and yummy sandwich? We ask the sandwich experts at Subway, and this is what they have to advise:
1. Firstly, AVOID making any sandwich that looks like this. NO.
2. BREAD: Whole grain or whole wheat bread are healthier options as they are packed with nutrients and fiber
3. MEAT: Find high-quality lean protein and control your serving of meat
4. CHEESE: Consider a cheese-less sandwich
5. VEGGIES: There should be more veggies than meat in your sandwich
Feel good with fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are rich in disease-fighting nutrients, are
cholesterol-free and are naturally lower in calories, fat and sodium. Include at least two to three fruit or vegetable
servings with every meal. For optimal nutrition make sure to select a variety of fruits and vegetables.