With Phase Two of the National COVID-19 Immunisation Programme underway, over two million Malaysian citizens have received their dose of the vaccine
To hold true to their cause in nation-building, Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre (SPCC) has been made rent-free as a vaccination centre for the Petaling District for the benefit of the community. They have also contributed over RM50 million ringgit to help the country battle the COVID-19 pandemic.
Vaccinations have been ongoing at SPCC since March 2020, and will continue to be carried out for the public until February 2022. As of 22 April, around 9,000 frontliners have been vaccinated at SPCC, with a total of more than 13,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered to date. As the first private large-scale vaccination centre in the country, SPCC is expected to carry out vaccinations for at least 1.8 million people in the Petaling district.
During the launch of SPCC as a public vaccination centre, the Selangor State Health Director, Dato’ Indera Dr Sha’ari, stated that the convention centre is capable of allowing around 5,000 people per day to be vaccinated starting from Phase Two.
"With a space of 150,000 sq ft, we are able to mobilise our resources in a single location and accelerate vaccinations. This is especially important right now as the threat of the fourth wave is a possibility," he said.
FYI, walk-ins to vaccination centres are not allowed! In order to get vaccinated, you need to register yourself via MySejahtera or Jawatankuasa Khas Jaminan Akses Bekalan Vaksin Covid-19's website. After that, wait for an update regarding the date and venue of your vaccination appointment.
1. Bring along your IC, two copies of the vaccine consent form, and your phone with the MySejahtera app
The vaccine consent form can be found on your MySejahtera app. Plus, if you have any underlying medical conditions, do bring along your relevant medical letter or medical report from your doctor, as well as a list of your current medication.
Additionally, here are other things you should wear/bring:
- Face mask
- Jacket, as it may get a little cold
- T-shirt with a sleeve that can be easily folded up for the vaccination
- A pen, so you may sign forms with ease
2. SPCC's main entrance is located at CP3, Sunway Pyramid. Here's how to get there:
From the carpark:
1. Drive up the ramp from the NPE (from Kuala Lumpur direction)
2. Park at the CP3 Blue Zone which is near the Convention Centre entrance
3. After scanning to check-in via MySejahtera, walk straight down and turn right
4. Then, take the escalator up to level CP4 (for Phase 1 only). For Phase 2 & 3, head to level CP3.
From Sunway Pyramid’s Main Entrance (Lion Head Entrance):
1. Walk towards the Ice Rink and use one of the lifts/escalators located behind PUMA to go up level CP3 (Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre)
2. Once you arrive at CP3, follow the signage to locate the escalator up to level CP4
If you still have trouble locating SPCC, you can always ring their Customer Care Line at 03-7494 3100, or use the ever helpful Sunway Pyramid Mobile App to find your way there.
3. You'll get to enjoy free parking at Sunway Pyramid if you're getting vaccinated at SPCC
Yes, everyone who is getting vaccinated at SPCC will be entitled to complimentary parking, courtesy of Sunway.
Here's how you can obtain the complimentary parking code:
Step 1: Scan the QR code
Step 2: Key in your car plate number and enter the complimentary parking code in the discount code column
Step 3: Click ‘Pay Now’
The best part is this complimentary parking is in full effect for the entire day, so you won't have to worry about being pressed for time as you wait for your turn.
4. You'll have to go through a total of six checkpoints to complete the vaccination process
- Temperature check
- Appointment confirmation
- Registration in MyVAS system
- Consent Confirmation
- Vaccination Confirmation
- Observation for any allergies or reactions
- Collect your Vaccine Card
- Schedule your second vaccination appointment
This whole process may take up to 45-60 minutes to complete.
5. Once you've successfully been vaccinated, you'll be able to claim rewards from Sunway!
After you've been vaccinated at SPCC, make sure to download the Sunway Pyramid Mobile App to receive e-vouchers and enjoy rewards, privileges, and deals from all Sunway Malls.
You can even flash your MySejahtera registration page to enjoy exclusive rewards from participating merchants in Sunway Malls.
Despite the unprecedented challenges, Sunway is committed to helping the nation during these difficult times
Sunway Group Founder and Chairman Tan Sri Dr Jeffrey Cheah believes that no corporation can live apart from the community that it serves.
"As such, we strongly believe in doing well by doing good. In line with these values, we have committed more than RM50 million since the first lockdown was imposed last year. You have my pledge that we will continue to help the communities we serve and stand by them in their hour of need," said Tan Sri Dr Jeffrey Cheah.
Additionally, Sunway also wishes to pay tribute to all frontliners who have been working tirelessly to serve the community since the beginning.
Watch their heartwarming Raya ad below:
Remember to limit your movement and keep practising physical distancing. Watch the latest update on the COVID-19 situation:
Read more about COVID-19 vaccines here: