15-Year-Old Who Went GTA With A Lorry In Johor Says He Was Just "Test Driving"

16 police patrol cars were on his tail during the 90-minute-long pursuit.

Cover image via Twitter/Max55Dmax / Malay Mail

A 15-year-old led police on a high-speed chase after he decided to take a 10-tonne lorry for a joyride on Tuesday, 23 October

According to New Straits Times, the teen decided to drive the lorry through an industrial and housing area in Terbrau Industrial Area 2, Johor at around 4am.

It is reported that the suspect was driving recklessly, hence raising the suspicion of a police team that was patrolling the area at the time

Image via Malay Mail

The police ordered the suspect to stop but he ignored it and proceeded to speed off, exiting to the Pasir Gudang Highway.

A high-speed chase ensued. 16 additional police vehicles were roped in throughout the 90-minute chase.

Despite the police shooting three warning shots in the air, the suspect kept on driving and even made risky turns at speeds up to 75km/h.

The chase came to a halt when another lorry came to the rescue

A member of the public drove his lorry to block the suspect, finally stopping the runaway lorry.

Amongst other damages, two police cars were damaged beyond repair

"The first was part of the blockade set up at the Plentong intersection and the second was damaged when the lorry rammed into after it tried to reverse out of a dead end,” said Johor Baru (South) OCPD Asst Comm Shahurinain Jais.

Thankfully, no casualties were reported at the time of writing.

Upon questioning, the suspect said he was just test driving the lorry

Investigations revealed that the suspect dropped out of school and worked with his uncle as a lorry driver assistant. The suspect has no criminal record prior to this incident.

The police confirmed that there was no report on a missing vehicle by the company the lorry was registered to.

The suspect has been arrested and will be investigated under Section 307 of the Penal Code for attempted murder and Section 25 (1) (n) of the National Registration Regulations

Photo for illustration purposes only.

Image via The Greek Observer

He is being treated at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital for minor injuries sustained during a scuffle with the police when he attempted to get out of the handcuffs and escape.

"We have not done any urine test on the suspect as he is still in the hospital," ACP Shahurinain added.

Just recently, another high-speed chase happened involving a bus in KL:

Read other trending stories on SAYS:

Leave a comment