Kedah's 'Laksa Kebok' Which Killed 2 People May Reopen With Health Ministry's Approval

Kedah Health Director Datuk Dr. Norhizan Ismail confirmed this earlier today, 24 October.

Cover image via China Press

Following dozens of food poisoning cases including two deaths, the 'laksa kebok' stall in Kampung Seri Landak, Kedah, will reportedly be allowed to reopen if it follows all directives issued by the Health Ministry

Malay Mail reported Kedah Health Director Datuk Dr. Norhizan Ismail as saying that green light will be given after officials conduct a compliance check at the stall.

"If the District Health Office is satisfied with the action taken by the stall operator, then the operator will be allowed to re-open the stall," Norhizan was quoted as saying by Malay Mail after the enforcement operation for the Amendment to Rules and Regulations Governing Alcoholic Beverages earlier today.

The Health Director added that investigation papers on the laksa stall will be completed in line with procedures implemented by the State Health Department.

Stall owner Daud Ismail

Image via China Press

According to Norhizan, the 'laksa kebok' stall has caused a total of 83 food poisoning cases, including two deaths

According to Bernama, Norhizan previously revealed that the laksa was found to be contaminated with salmonella, a type of bacteria.

"The food poisoning incident was possibly caused during the process of preparing and storing of the laksa that is not clean, and the temperature during the processing stage with may be inadequate to kill the germs," the Health Director said on 21 October.

Earlier this month, laksa stall owner Daud Ismail had expressed his wish that he could continue operate his business

Daud and his stall in Kampung Seri Landak, Kedah.

Image via Sinar Harian

"I have no issues with the inspection as I have been running this business for a long time," Daud was quoted as saying by New Straits Times on 10 October.

"I have been doing this for a long time and will continue to do it once I get the all clear from the health authorities," the 51-year-old added.

Here's a recap of the case:

Read other trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: