19-Year-Old Caught On CCTV Abusing A Dog With An Iron Rod & Setting It On Fire
A 19-year-old was recently caught on closed-circuit television (CCTV) beating a stray dog with a metal rod and setting it on fire
According to Facebook user Leow Yee Chin, who shared the CCTV footage of the incident online, the tragic incident took place on Monday, 27 March, in Johor Bahru.
The footage showed a man hitting the dog several times with a metal rod. He then got into his car and drove away.
Several minutes later, the man can be seen returning to the same location to beat the dog again, going as far as throwing a brick at it.
If that wasn't enough, he then proceeded to light the dog on fire.
In the footage, the dog can be seen running away with its tail ablaze.
It is currently unknown as to why the 19-year-old targeted the dog
According to animal advocacy page My Forever Doggo, the dog has two fractured legs — one in the front and one in the back — and has suffered first to second degree burns.
The stray is currently undergoing treatment and will require three to six months to recover.
The veterinarian who had been caring for the dog told My Forever Doggo that the dog has been friendly to all of her customers.
They shared that the dog had been living in the stairwell next to the vet clinic for some time and has never chased anyone, nor was it aggressive.
Following the incident, the veterinarian lodged a police report and is awaiting authorities to take necessary action.
It was also reported that the man is a repeat offender when it comes to abusing stray dogs
Since the 19-year-old's actions have become public knowledge, his family has come forward to defend him
According to My Forever Doggo, the man's grandparents have come forward to seek forgiveness from the public.
It is said his mother went to the clinic to request the veterinarian to retract the police report.
She was quoted as saying that hurting the dog was a trivial matter, and that if left outside, the dog would have bitten others.
The video footage and images have since gone viral and have horrified many concerned netizens