An Uncle Allegedly Put His 3-Year-Old Nephew Into A Washing Machine For Fun

The incident happened in Rawang at about 12.30am today, 2 October.

Cover image via Metafora Anafora/Facebook

A three-year-old boy was allegedly left inside a washing machine by his uncle as a joke at about 12.30am today, 2 October

New Straits Times reported the launderette owner, Hazmal Hassan as saying that the boy had gone to the launderette in Bukit Sentosa, Rawang with his parents and uncle last night.

"The 25-year-old mother had brought her three-year-old son to the laundry (at) around 12.30am to do her clothes washing," Hulu Selangor police chief Supt Lim Bak Phai was quoted as saying by Malay Mail.

The boy was stuck in the washing machine for about 20 minutes.

Image via Metafora Anafora/Facebook

"Suddenly, the uncle put the child inside the washing machine and the door became stuck and could not be opened," Hazmal told New Straits Times.

The boy's mother was reportedly unaware of the man's actions until she realised her son was stuck in a washing machine.

According to Bernama, the act was meant to be a joke.

It took several men from a restaurant next to the launderette to rescue the boy

The glass door of the washing machine was broken with a hammer.

Image via Metafora Anafora/Facebook

In a viral rescue video, a few men were seen breaking the glass door with a hammer, before the boy was pulled out of the washing machine.

The boy was then handed to his mother, who seemed distraught in the video.

At the time of writing, the video has garnered over 23,000 shares within six hours.

The boy was pulled out of the washing machine by the men.

Image via Metafora Anafora/Facebook

According to Hazmal, the boy's father has promised to pay him RM3,000 in damages as a result of the incident

"I don't know how it happened but a boy's life was at stake," Hazmal told New Straits Times, after saying that he had received a call from the boy's father who promised to pay for damages.

"The washing machine door will lock automatically when coins are inserted or when someone hits the start button," he added, before stressing that the boy was lucky as the machine did not start. 

You can watch the video of the rescue here:

Last month, a pregnant cat was killed after it was put into a laundromat dryer in Gombak:

Read other trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: