Kelantan Man Kills 8-Month-Old Baby And Covers It In Salt Because He "Heard An Angel"

The body was found stuffed inside a sack under a kitchen table.

Cover image via @redzuanNewsMPB (Twitter) & Harian Metro

An eight-month-old baby was tragically killed in Kelantan by his father recently

According to Berita Harian, the incident took place on Tuesday, 13 October, at Kampung Sungai Dua in Bachok.

The baby is believed to have been killed by his father using a blunt object.

Bachok district police chief Supt Samsulmuddin Sulaiman said that initial investigations found that the suspect is mentally ill.

In a separate report by Berita Harian, Kelantan police chief DCP Shafien Mamat said that the man refused to give a statement. Instead, he would not stop reciting prayers and claims that he heard an angel's voice before killing the child.

Police found the child's body stuffed inside a sack under a kitchen table.
The remains had been covered with salt by the baby's father.

Samsulmuddin told Berita Harian, "The baby's body had signs of serious injuries and bruises in different parts of the body. He was also covered in coarse salt and it is believed that the 40-year-old father did it."

He also explained that the suspect's relative alerted the authorities regarding the child's death.

According to Samsulmuddin, the relative, a man in his 50s, had visited the suspect's home and found that the child died in a peculiar state.

"After receiving the report, police raided the suspect's home. It was locked from the inside and we had to force entry. Once inside, we arrested a man and found the victim's mother, a 32-year-old woman, crying and traumatised," he said.

The mother sustained bruises and scratches on both of her arms and she was sent to Bachok Health Clinic to receive treatment. Today, 14 October, Shafien said that the woman has also been apprehended to assist with investigations.

No weapons were found at the scene and police are trying to identify whether the child was choked or strangled to death

According to Harian Metro, the child's body was taken to Raja Perempuan Zainab II Hospital in Kota Bharu for an autopsy and the case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code.

Another family member told the Malay daily that she was shocked to hear the news about the child's death.

She said, "As far as I know, the suspect lived happily with his wife and kid. We never heard anything about them having problems. The baby was also their first child.

Image via Harian Metro

Read more recent trending news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: