The whole of Klang Valley — including Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, and Putrajaya — will be entering Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan (NRP) on Friday, 10 September
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced the decision today, 8 September, adding that interdistrict travel between Selangor, KL, and Putrajaya will now be allowed.
"I'm sure this is a long-awaited news, especially for all the residents of Klang Valley who have cooperated very well," he said.
He said the relaxations allowed will be the same as other Phase 2 states, as determined by the National Security Council (MKN)
Some of the relaxations include:
- Interdistrict travel for fully vaccinated individuals,
- Interstate travel for long distance married couples who are fully vaccinated,
- Interstate travel for fully vaccinated parents to meet their children below 18 years of age,
- Dine-in for fully vaccinated customers, and
- Tourist activities within the state for the fully vaccinated.
Ismail Sabri said standard operating procedures (SOPs) will also be relaxed for sports and recreation in Phase 1 states
Indoor and outdoor sports and recreation facilities, except gyms, will be allowed to operate by appointment basis for fully vaccinated customers beginning 10 September.
Florists and nurseries, hardware stores, and property sales galleries will also be allowed to operate from 10 September.
He added that more relaxations will also be given to hairdressers and saloons in Phase 2 and Phase 3 states.