news

Portable Gas Stove At Steamboat Restaurant Explodes & Injures Family Of 4 In Sabah

The two children were sent to the hospital by members of the public before the fire brigade arrived.

Cover image via New Straits Times & SABAHVfm V Good (Facebook)

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for our latest stories and breaking news.

A portable gas stove used for steamboat exploded on a family of four on Sunday night, 19 June, at around 9pm at a restaurant in Alam Mesra, Sabah

According to Sinar Harian, Lintas Fire and Rescue Station Chief Agustavia Joe Guasi said they received a call at 9.06pm regarding the incident and 13 personnel rushed to the scene.

28-year-old Roberto Antoni, his wife Wujon Maria Mae, and their two children suffered injuries due to the hot water and fire.

According to The Star, the two adults suffered burns and cuts but the extent of the children's injuries were not disclosed.

"Two child victims were sent to the hospital by the public before the fire brigade arrived at the scene," said Agustavia

"Two others were given initial treatment by the medical team before being sent to the hospital by ambulance," he added.

The fire department conducted further inspections to avoid any other potential danger that could occur at the premises.

Firefighters managed to have everything under control by 9.35pm and the operation ended soon after.

Catch the latest news stories on SAYS: