x

news

Sungai Buloh Hospital Retracts Food Delivery Ban Following Viral Backlash

The hospital director thanked everyone who gave feedback.

Cover image via Yusof Mat Isa/Malay Mail & Eizairi Shamsudin/New Straits Times

Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, and Telegram for the latest stories and breaking news.

Sungai Buloh Hospital has retracted a ban on online food delivery for its staff and patients after the move drew criticism from the public

In a statement on Thursday, 11 August, hospital director Dr Kuldip Kau Prem Singh said the decision was made after receiving feedback.

"Please be informed that the management of Sungai Buloh Hospital has retracted the ban stated in the memo dated 9 August 2022, with immediate effect," he said.

"Thank you for all the feedback and views given on the matter. The hospital is always committed towards the welfare and needs of the hospital staff and patients."

The reversal comes less than two days after the management of the hospital announced the ban on Tuesday, 9 August

Previously, the hospital justified the ban via an internal memo by saying there was an increasing number of complaints of food waste and litter that affected the hygiene of hospital grounds.

The move was slammed by junior doctor rights movement Hartal Doktor Kontrak for being insensitive towards hospital staff and patients who enjoy the convenience.

Image via Bernama

The public had also expressed concern over the hospital ruling:

Read more recent news on SAYS: