Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor (Syabas) will be shutting down water plants in the districts of Petaling, Hulu Langat, Sepang, and Kuala Langat on Tuesday, 9 October
The plants will need to be shut down to carry out equipment replacement works at the Sungai Semenyih Water Treatment Plant.
A period of 12 hours is needed to carry out the repair works.
However, according to The Star, homes and businesses in the areas may go 72 hours without water as the recovery period for the water supply takes longer.
Over 342,000 account holders in the four Selangor districts will be affected by the temporary water cut
Seven 24-hour Local Service Centres will also begin operations from 9am on 9 October to assist with customers' enquiries and relief water supply
The seven centres are:
- Taman Rekreasi Wawasan, Persiaran Wawasan, Puchong (Petaling)
- Pusat Perdagangan Seri Kembangan, Jalan PSK 9, Seri Kembangan (Petaling)
- Taman Equine Pump House, Persiaran Pinggiran Putra, Seri Kembangan (Petaling)
- Around Masjid Al-Hasanah, Persiaran Usahawan, Sek. 9, Bandar Baru Bangi (Hulu Langat)
- Masjid Taman Putra Perdana, Puchong (Sepang)
- Putrajaya Sentral, Presint 7, Putrajaya (Sepang)
- Jalan Palas 10, Tmn Dato' Hormat, Telok Panglima Garang (Kuala Langat)
Syabas will take measures to help relief the burden of those affected by the water disruption
Syabas head of distribution Kelvin Siew told The Star, "There will be 80 static tanks placed in critical areas like schools, mosques as well as apartments and flats."
Additionally, 62 water tankers will be deployed to the affected areas while 10 jumbo tankers will be placed at selected locations. 20,000 five-litre drinking water bottles will also be handed out.
Syabas also encouraged customers to check in on its official communication channels for the latest updates.
Syabas can be found on Facebook, Twitter. Updates can also be found on the Air Selangor mobile app or their website.
Read more trending #news on SAYS: