[VIDEO] A Group Of Boys Were Caught Fighting In Broad Daylight On The Streets Of Sandakan

The incident happened near the Harbour Square last Friday, 26 January.

Cover image via Facebook via Sayang Sabah

A group of youths were filmed embroiled in a street brawl near the Harbour Square in Sandakan, Sabah recently

The boys, some dressed in normal clothing while the others were wearing high school uniform, could be seen chasing another boy and threw punches at him in broad daylight in the middle of the road.

It was noted that there were passersby in the area who witnessed the incident and there were also shouts for the fight to stop but none of them interfered.

More than a dozen of youths joined in the fight as they could be seen swarming the group. They continued tussling until two from the group fell to the ground before the video ended.

Harian Metro reported that the fight broke up soon after that.

Initial investigations show that two groups of boys were involved in the clash

According to Sandakan acting chief police, Supt. Abdul Fuad Abdul Malek, the police received a report on the incident yesterday, 29 January.

It is believed that the incident stemmed from ridicule that ensued after a photo of a student was uploaded on the messaging app, WeChat, by another boy.

This led to the fight which took place last Friday, 26 January at about 1pm in the Sandakan township.

The police will be calling in eight boys related to the incident to help with investigations

Abdul Fuad said that the police have identified these boys, who are Form 5 students from two different schools in the district.

The Star Online reported Sandakan police chief Asst Comm Mohd Azhar Hamin as saying that principals from the schools have been notified of the matter and the school authorities will also take further action.

The case is being investigated under Section 147 of the Penal Code for rioting, which carries a maximum jail term of two years or a fine, or both.

Watch the video of the incident here:

Read more recent news on SAYS:

Last week, a man who attempted to confront the driver of an oil tanker lorry was run over: