A woman has accused a well-known pet store at a mall in Petaling Jaya of negligence while grooming her dog
In a review posted on Petsmore Malaysia's Facebook page on Thursday, 4 March, a Facebook user shared how disappointed she was with the pet store despite being a loyal customer for over a year.
She wrote how her boyfriend sent their dog to the store's 1 Utama Shopping Centre outlet on Wednesday, 3 March, but was angry when her brown Pomeranian came back stressed and inactive unlike its usual self.
"When we came home, we realised that my dog couldn't open both his eyes!" she said.
The woman recounted how her boyfriend had already noticed something wrong with the dog's eyes when picking it up at the store
However, the staff dismissed his concern and simply said it had fur in its eye.
"The lady groomer then brought my dog to clean his eye with a piece of tissue but she was super rough when handling him, my boyfriend was shocked at her actions," she said.
To make matters worse, as the customer's boyfriend was about to pay the bill for the grooming session, she claimed he heard a loud scream coming from the groomer in the grooming room.
He rushed over, thinking something had happened to their dog, but instead saw that the groomer had dropped a white Pomeranian on the floor and it looked motionless for a few seconds.
The customer alleged her boyfriend saw the dog foaming at the mouth, looking like it was in a seizure.
The staff tried to brush off the issue and quickly told her boyfriend to pay and leave
He left. However, at home, they soon realised that their dog's eye problem was more severe than he initially thought.
"I noticed that his conjunctiva was swollen and inflamed, and he is not as active like his usual self," the woman wrote, accusing the pet store of giving her dog an eye infection.
She told SAYS she was worried for her dog who looked stressed after the grooming session and could not open his eyes for the whole night.
The woman also revealed that the last time she sent her dog to the store for grooming, he came back with an injury too
"He came back with an accidental cut on the base of his penis and they didn't have the courtesy to tell me when I picked him up. I found it myself when my dog was acting sad, like he is now again!" she wrote.
"I understand if these are accidents, but how many more times should I accept these incidents of gross negligence?" she questioned.
She demanded an explanation from Petsmore as well as appealed to them to hire more professional groomers in the future
The customer added that until then she will stop patronising their stores.
"I don't think this should happen when we trust our pets to them. My whole family is completely appalled," she said.
She also hoped the store was forthcoming to the owner of the white Pomeranian that they were grooming.
Meanwhile, Petsmore told SAYS that they have reached out to the pet owner regarding the issue and have no further comment on the incident.