Nowadays, one of the most important features people look for in a smartphone is the quality of the camera
Over the years, phone cameras have gone from being of subpar quality to potentially rivalling DSLR cameras. A camera is now one of the most indispensable features of a smartphone.
That's why OPPO chose to focus on the camera for their new Reno5 series 5G. Incorporating various new aspects, this camera will take your photos and videos to a whole new level.
Whether you're using the front or rear camera, the OPPO Reno5 series 5G delivers high-quality results every time.
Besides the 64MP main camera, the series comes with multiple other cameras, creating the ultimate combination
On the rear, you'll find a quad-camera setup, consisting of the aforementioned 64MP main camera, as well as a 8MP ultra wide-angle camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP mono camera.
Meanwhile, there's also the 32MP front camera, which has f/2.4 aperture, 0.8 µm pixel size, and 1/2.8" sensor which supports up to 1080P video shooting.
1. AI Highlight Video automatically adapts to the light conditions and switches between Ultra-night mode and Live HDR mode
Both the front and rear cameras will automatically detect the brightness levels of your surroundings, and then choose whether to apply Live HDR or Ultra-night mode.
Ultra-night mode helps you produce brighter photos and videos in low-light conditions, create clearer details while filtering noises, and ensure more accurate colour rendition and less facial distortion. It also helps to tremendously reduce motion blur when the camera is on the move.
As for Live HDR, it creates richer and brighter colours in videos, while also protecting the natural beauty of the video. It does this by not overly-beautifying the video's subjects, and using the right amount of light to capture the background.
Both modes are perfect for recording brighter videos, especially in situations that happen during night time, such as family dinners, karaoke sessions with friends, and watching fireworks or the sunset.
2. Dual-View Video allows you to use the front and rear cameras simultaneously
Now you can capture more beautiful moments at the same time! The multiple camera mode splits the screen into three different modes based on your preference. Explore all kinds of fun and creative ways to record videos while you're staying at home.
3. Take flawlessly stunning videos of yourself and your friends with Portraits Beautification Video
The OPPO Reno5 series 5G uses Smart AI recognition to identify the subjects' age and other information, and then applies specific beauty effects accordingly. And with the natural colour protection feature, natural skin tone and makeup colour can be preserved.
4. Ultra-steady Video 3.0 is OPPO's exclusive stabilisation technology that allows you to capture more stable footage without using a professional stabiliser
There are three stabilisation modes, including Ultra Steady Video on the main camera, and Ultra Steady Video Pro on the ultra-wide-angle camera. You can now shoot dynamic videos with all kinds of drastic movement without worrying about any blurry footage.
5. Use SOLOOP, OPPO's exclusive smart video editor, to effortlessly create amazing photos and videos
SOLOOP is now available and accessible in the OPPO Reno5 series 5G, offering exciting, thrilling, and updated features. Even noob editors will be able to create unprecedented videos and photos.
Everyone can now shoot like an influencer and effortlessly create trending portrait videos. Assess popular video templates directly from the camera interface according to your own preference, and then share and edit into a short movie instantly.
6. Thanks to Image-clear Engine (ICE), you can say bye bye to blurry photos
With high frame rate shooting, short exposure, and multi-frame optimisation, ICE allows you to easily capture moving objects. Subject detection and focus tracking are also optimised to prevent shaking and moving from affecting the accuracy and quality of the photo.
In addition, the OPPO Reno5 series 5G has all kinds of other cool specs too, making it an excellent choice. Check out some of its key features:
1. Dual-mode 5G has gradually become a standard smartphone feature, and the OPPO Reno5 series 5G is no exception
Here are all the perks of the OPPO Reno5 series' 5G capabilities:
- Load complete HD films in seconds. Never wait for loading again. The chip supports both SA and NSA networks. Even if carriers all switch to SA, users can still access the 5G network without changing phones.
- Experience no lagging while gaming
- Locate a 5G signal and download a movie in 10 seconds, even when you're on-the-go
- Load films and music in seconds just before being told to switch on Airplane Mode
- When you realise you forgot large, important files on your computer before a meeting, you can download them on your phone within seconds using 5G, which is even faster than using Wi-Fi
- Download a game within seconds using 5G and instantly join your friend's team
- Post and receive live videos and photos on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook at live concerts within seconds using 5G
2. The screen has a 90 Hz refresh rate and HD Highlight Display with HDR 10+ certification
The 6.43" OLED screen with single punch hole camera has a 20:9 ratio, FHD+ resolution, 2400 x 1080, and PPI 410. Additionally, the COP package permits a maximum brightness of 430 nits under normal conditions, and a maximum brightness of 600 nits under sunlight.
Made from E1 Pro luminescent materials allows the screen to have lower power consumption, plus, it is also equipped with the third generation of Corning Gorilla Glass.
Finally, the 90 Hz refresh rate brings a fluidity that's far superior to a 60 Hz screen. Whether you're scrolling through an app, watching videos, or playing games, you'll get to experience a silky smooth visual experience.
3. Using 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 technology, OPPO has successfully achieved a balance between performance and feeling
This technology allows the OPPO Reno5 series 5G to optimise its inner space without increasing heat generation while charging. And with the faster charging speed, you can get four hours of screen time just by charging your phone for five minutes.
OPPO Reno5 series 5G's charging speed:
- 5-minute charge = 25% battery
- 15-minute charge = 60% battery
- 35-minute charge = 100% battery
4. Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, Qualcomm's integrated 5G SoC brings even faster processing speeds and even lower power consumption
The OPPO Reno5 series 5G comes with 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM storage for heavy users. At the same time, improvements to the image signal processor (ISP) brings improved camera shooting quality.
The OPPO Reno5 5G is priced at RM1,899 (8GB RAM + 128GB storage), while the Reno5 Pro 5G is priced at RM2,599 (12GB RAM + 256GB storage)
You can pre-order the OPPO Reno5 series 5G from now until 26 January 2021. All pre-orders will receive additional free gifts worth RM397, which includes an OPPO Enco W11 worth RM159, an OPPO phone case worth RM129, and complimentary one-year extended warranty worth RM109.
The OPPO Reno5 series 5G will officially go on sale starting from 27 January 2021. It will be available at OPPO Brand Stores, OPPO Official e-commerce stores, and OPPO Official dealer stores, as well as via OPPO's e-commerce partners, telco partners, and chain store partners.
Meanwhile, you can pre-order via these platforms:
- Offline: OPPO Brand Stores and authorised dealer stores
- Chain stores: Senheng, Direct D, ThunderMatch, Urban Republic
- Telco: Umobile
At all sales and service centres, the first 100 customers to purchase the Reno5 series 5G will be entitled to a mystery gift worth up to RM150,000. All OPPO Brand Stores also offer trade-in programs, and PBB users are able to get RM50 cashback when purchasing the Reno5 series (limited time & limited quantity).
As for the dealer stores, Direct D will be providing a 14-day guarantee return, while Senheng will be offering two years extra warranty and 24 months 0% installment.
OPPO is also excited to announce that they have officially achieved over 1,000,000 active users in Malaysia since the launch of My OPPO App in August 2020
My OPPO App was created to let OPPO stay connected with their users through live chat support and customer service. You can enjoy benefits such as exclusive service experiences, lucky draws, special discounts, and points collection to redeem OPPO Products and discount vouchers.
Exclusively for the Reno5 series 5G, the first 1,000 My OPPO App members will get to redeem a RM20 Starbucks card!
My OPPO App will continue to expand and connect with users to strengthen the platform, so do sign up and get invites to private events through the app.
Read more of our #tech stories: