SELangkah's New App Will Soon Allow You To Make E-Payments & Register For COVID-19 Vaccine
The Selangor Government has rolled out an enhanced version of its contact tracing mobile app, SELangkah
First launched in May 2020 to help contact tracing during the movement control orders, the new app includes more features, including Health and Commercial, to help Malaysians navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic.
"As the country inches towards digitalisation, these upgraded features are aimed to provide both safety measures and convenience for all," said SELangkah Ventures Sdn Bhd (SVSB) chief executive officer Tengku Iesta Tengku Alaudin, during the official launch at the virtual media event yesterday, 9 February.
Watch the virtual launch here:
In addition to contact tracing, the current version of SELangkah already features a comprehensive set of health-related features
These features include:
- Crowd Trend: graph displaying the daily frequency of a premise's customer visits
- Affected Premises Map: map displaying locations that were recently hit by COVID-19 cases
- Check Your Exposure Risk: a function that cross-checks users' previous visitor logs against recently affected premises to see if they've been exposed
- Visit Log (Sentri): dashboard for local law enforcement to check if any premises have flouted the SOP
Meanwhile, the enhanced version of SELangkah now enables users to take more proactive measures to safeguard their health and safety
The new features currently available are:
- Dual-System Scanning: the built-in scanner now scans both the SELangkah and MySejahtera QR codes through the SELANGKAH app, so you can take full advantage of both platforms' contact tracing measures
- GPS Check-In: an alternative way to QR code scanning where you can check in using your phone's GPS instead
- QR Code Scan History Log: you can view your past check-ins history
- Bulletin Board: displaying the government's latest updates on COVID-19
1. SELangkah ID - the first digital ID in the country is an integrated, single-sign-on system that allows users to access all SELangkah features
The SELangkah ID has the capability to allow any transactions that require digital and biometric authentication.
In the works, the SELangkah ID will also offer access to government-related services too. This will help move Selangor into going fully digital.
2. SELangkah BIZ - a cashless solution designed for micro, small, and medium enterprise merchants, that enables them to accept payments from any e-wallet providers
With SELangkah BIZ, even street food hawkers will be able to accept money from customers' e-wallet, without needing to sign up for any e-wallet service.
In addition to accepting various e-wallet payments, the platform also helps merchants manage their day-to-day sales transactions and generate electronic invoices.
3. SELangkah Wallet and SELangkah Pay - cashless solutions for the public
Both SELangkah Wallet and SELangkah Pay are in the works. These new features will allow you to go cashless, not only keeping you safe, but also in support of a digital society.
4. R.S.V.P (Register and Sign up for your Vaccine Pack) - a feature that allows users to register for their COVID-19 vaccination
Soon to be added, this new feature will allow you to use your SELangkah ID account to register for the COVID-19 vaccination, which will be supplied by the Selangor State Government.
It will be integrated with the manufacturer's inventory system to ensure authenticity and provide a digital certificate for domestic and international travel.
For the time being, the SELangkah app is the new home for Selangor Community Screening, where users can sign up for upcoming events and check their COVID-19 test results.
"SELangkah is now essentially a Super App with an all-in-one platform for the safety, health, and financial needs of everyone," said Tengku Iesta
With SELangkah's upcoming features looking to provide long-term support to Malaysians post-pandemic, the app is tipped to help the government and the rakyat move towards a contactless environment.
From contactless payment systems to state welfare distribution, SELangkah is dedicated to #SenangBuatSemua.
The SELangkah app is available for free download on selangkah.my for all mobile platforms, as well as from Google Play and the App Store.
For more information, visit selangkah.my