This Is Sony’s New Phone With The World’s First 4K HDR Display
Sony has been marketing their new Xperia XZ Premium as their "most groundbreaking smartphone to date", and with good reason
It has a 4K HDR display, which features the same technology used in their Bravia TVs. This is a worldwide first in the smartphone industry.
It allows for enhanced image quality in terms of exceptional definition, colours, and contrast. It’s like having a huge TV screen in the palm of your hand.
This is accomplished through the use of 2 technologies that have been adapted for mobile
2. X-Reality: makes even low-resolution content look clear by adding missing pixels, reducing noise, and enhancing texture.
The Xperia XZ Premium also makes use of all of Sony's latest camera-related innovations
Most impressive of which is the new Motion Eye camera with the following functions and specs:
- Super slow motion: Records at a rate of 960 frames per second which is four times slower than other smartphones.
- Predictive Capture: Starts buffering images one second before you press the shutter button, almost like being able to rewind time, and gives you up to four images to pick from.
- 19 megapixels featuring the new Exmor RS for mobile: To capture more detail and light, even when zooming in.
- Intelligent exposure control: Auto-adjusts to the light levels around you so that even photos taken at night and in low-light conditions are clear.
- Predictive Hybrid Autofocus and Anti-distortion shutter: Anticipates movement to keep your subject in focus, and captures without blur.
- SteadyShot with 5-axis image stabilisation: Compensates for shaking movements in five different directions.
The front camera is pretty impressive too, with 13 megapixels, Sony's renowned 1/3.06” low light sensor, and a 22mm wide angle lens.
You don't have to worry about it getting damaged easily either, as the phone is built to withstand: it's water resistant, dust-proof, reinforced with durable Corning Gorilla Glass 5
Plus, it has the most powerful processor out of all the Sony mobiles: the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with a download speed of up to 1Gbps
And perhaps most impressive of all, it's a smartphone that's always learning
The Xperia XZ Premium learns from your usage patterns and adapts itself to your lifestyle. So the more you use it, the more personally customised it becomes. Over time, it'll be able to do things like automatically adjust your settings when needed and optimise the charging to make sure that the battery will last throughout your day.
If all that was TL;DR, just watch this video:
Here's more incentive to buy it now: you'll get to take advantage of Sony Mobile Malaysia's ongoing Raya promo and stand the chance to win some attractive prizes
Check our some of our latest #tech related stories: