While restrictions are lifting, the new norm brings new challenges, especially for families
We may not be staying home 24/7 anymore, but we're still encouraged to continue physical distancing and take all necessary precautions when we go out.
This makes it difficult for families to go out and have fun together, especially those with young children, as parents are advised to not bring their kids to malls and other crowded places.
But just like during the Movement Control Order (MCO), there are lots of things families can do online together from the comfort and safety of their own homes.
Having a slow Internet connection is seriously so potong stim when you're trying to have fun as a family. For high-speed, reliable connection at affordable prices, check out TIME's current promo that gives you 500Mbps at only RM99/month!
More deets at the end of the story.
But first, here are 5 things you can do online with your family if y'all aren't ready to go out jalan-jalan yet:
1. Recreate the experience of going to the cinema by streaming the latest releases or classic favourites in HD
Even though cinemas are starting to reopen, kids under the age of 12 are not allowed in :( Setting up a cinema at home instead allows the whole family to be together.
From YouTube livestreams to the latest trending movies and series on Netflix, there's no shortage of things to watch at home. Get everyone to pick a movie each and spend the weekend marathoning them all or start on a new series together.
For that added cinema feel, stream in HD on a big screen and make sure to have some popcorn to munch on. You can even snuggle up with pillows and blankets to get extra cozy.
Here are some Netflix recommendations for a fun family movie night:
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Home Alone
- Rise of the Guardians
- Feel the Beat
- A Whisker Away
2. Love gaming? Get your family to join in too!
Between the Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us Part II, those of us who have a PS4 know what we're gonna be spending all our free time doing. Bye bye social life!
But if you'd like to include your family in your love for gaming, there are lots of fun games you can play together, and we're not just talking about board games. With online games, your extended family can join in the fun too!
Just make sure your Internet connection is stable enough to handle all those downloads or live gaming without any lags.
Here are some game recommendations for lots of family fun:
- Jackbox Games
- Mario Kart Tour
3. Even if you live alone, there are so many things you can do with your family over video call
After a while, just talking can get kind of boring, especially if you're already all caught up with each other's lives. It's all about looking for new ways to have fun together over video call.
Here are some suggestions:
- Host a family cooking competition. Get everyone to set up their laptops in the kitchen so y'all can keep an eye on each other. Competition ideas include getting everyone to cook the same dish / with the same ingredients or within a specific time.
- Have a weekly family trivia night. One person gets to be the host while the others are the contestants. The host will be the one who comes up with rules, categories, and questions. Change up who gets to host every week for more variety. Put some prizes up for grabs too!
- Go on a virtual tour together. Lots of museums and landmarks around the world now offer virtual tours. Get your family together on video call and have one person share their screen and act as a tour guide. It'll feel like you're all there touring together.
4. Look out for interactive shows that will keep both adults and kids engrossed for hours and hours
How cool is it to be in control of what you're watching? With interactive shows, every decision you make leads to a different outcome.
When there's a multitude of branches that lead to various endings, whether good or bad, and the tiniest decision could make or break everything, the suspense and excitement is just too real! You'll spend hours replaying them over and over again to get all the different endings.
Here are some recommendations for adults:
- Black Mirror: Bandersnatch
- Dead Lonely (A Zombie Romance)
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy vs. the Reverend
- You vs. Wild
- The music video for Ink by Coldplay
Here are some recommendations for kids:
- Puss in Book: Trapped in an Epic Tale
- Minecraft: Story Mode
- Captain Underpants Epic Choice-o-Rama
- Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal
- Stretch Armstrong: The Breakout
5. Not being able to have large gatherings shouldn't stop you from having a party. Just have a virtual one instead.
Celebrate a special occasion or just host one for no reason at all! All you need is to get your family on a group video call.
Then, y'all can stream the same Spotify playlist, order in yummy food, take "photobooth" photos with Zoom backgrounds, and play party games. It'll be even more fun if everyone gets all dressed up.
Or, set a theme for the party and make sure even the food, decorations, and music go along with it too.
Here are some party theme suggestions:
- Back to the 90s
- Hollywood / Fancy dress
- Under the sea
- Heroes vs. Villains
- Disney characters
With all this binge-watching, gaming, and streaming you and your family are gonna be doing, you'll definitely need an Internet connection that's up to speed ;)
As we all stayed home throughout the Movement Control Order (MCO), we've come to realise the importance of having a good Internet connection.
The new normal means that many of us are doing more online than ever before, which is why having a reliable, high-speed Internet connection is vital.
There's nothing worse than laggy, unstable, slow Internet when you're trying to get some work done or binge-watching your favourite show to unwind after a long day.
For reliable high-speed broadband plans that won't break the bank, check out TIME's limited-time offer that lets you enjoy 500Mbps at only RM 99/month for the first three months
Just imagine all the things you can do with 500Mbps! More bandwidth means more power to work, study, and play at home without interruptions. And with this limited time offer, now's the perfect time to sign up.
Besides the 500Mbps at only RM99/month for the first three months promo, TIME has two other promos too. The first gives you RM100 off your first month's bill when you sign up for the 100Mbps package online, while the second gives you RM10 off the 1Gbps plan for 24 months when you sign up on any channel.
With TIME, you'll be getting a 100% full-fibre network that ensures high speeds, better stability, and seamless connectivity. Plus, you won't have to do a thing yourself. Leave it all to TIME's team of Tech Ninjas who will handle all your installation and Wi-Fi needs.
What are you waiting for? Sign up for TIME now to enjoy a faster, more reliable Internet connection today!