Intense and meticulously crafted in a fashion fit for cinema, it's almost a shame that Kingdom will mostly be watched on our smartphones or laptop screens
Amongst the sea of praise for the six-episode epic, many were particularly impressed by its A+ cinematography and gorgeous scenery
Feast your eyes on some of the most cinematic shots from Kingdom we couldn't resist pausing to look a little closer at:
Warning: There may be mild spoilers ahead.
1. Crown Prince Lee Chang cuts a lonely figure outside his father's private chambers
2. The queen arrives
3. The prince takes a minute to brood in near darkness
4. In a scene from the trailer, villagers unveil a horrific sight
5. Beautiful on the surface...
6. ... Terrifying and gruesome underneath
7. You can almost anticipate the horrors to come in this silhouette shot
8. It all begins with the king...
9. A rare moment of calm in the zombie's awakening
10. Watch how the focus shifts from the shoulder to the tip of the sword
11. The prince and his bodyguard begin their quest for truth
12. The duo contemplates braving the rocky, frozen terrain
13. Lee Chang grows into his role as the people's leader in this majestic pose
14. The prince tries to escape from sinister forces at his tail
15. No amount of makeup is gonna fix that, honey
16. The queen's makeup table is #beautygoals
17. A sneak peek into the royal dressing room
18. The queen gets dressed for an audience with the royal court
19. A clandestine meeting by the pond
20. "Infected" bodies are dragged out for further examination
21. A closer look at the zombies of Jiyulheon
22. When the sun sets...
22. ... the horrors of the night comes to life
23. This zoom-in through the crack is one of the most jaw-dropping shots in the show
24. An undead wearing a mask shows his true face
25. The mysterious Yeong-sin visits the ghosts of his past
26. Survivors from far and wide try to seek refuge from the spreading epidemic
27. A ship makes its escape
28. A preemptive measure to curb the zombie apocalypse
29. A ship is mysteriously stranded by the shore
30. Men and women hold their weapons high...
31. ... As they brace themselves for yet another zombie attack
32. Ready, steady...
33. ... GO!
BONUS: A super kan cheong scene, shot in the perspective of a prisoner who finds himself locked onto a fellow prisoner who's turned into a zombie
Check out more Entertainment features on SAYS: