12 Things We Do When We're Too Desperate For Malaysian Food While Overseas
*cries in RM*
Whether you're studying/working overseas, or just on a holiday, we can all agree that what we miss most while away is our glorious Malaysian food!
From the simplest of staples like nasi and sambal, to roadside snacks like pisang goreng and cendol, to our most iconic dishes like char kuey teow and roti canai, we love it alllllll!
So it's no wonder that we miss them terribly whenever we're away from home :(
1. You hunt through every market and grocery store in the hopes of tracking down a particular food item
But sometimes even the Asian markets don't have what you're looking for :(
2. Then you finally cave and resign yourself to paying exorbitant prices just to get a taste of home
RM16, RM18, and RM22 respectively for single servings of siu mai, har gow, and lo mai kai?! *cries in RM*
3. Malaysian restaurant in the middle of nowhere hours away from you? No problem. You'll still go. At least got.
You're even willing to brave horrible weather conditions just to get a craving fix.
4. Or you become a regular customer at the nearest Malaysian restaurant and totally don't mind eating there over and over again
And you'll never, ever get sick of it! #msianfoodftw
5. There's nothing like that glorious feeling of finally getting your first taste of Malaysian food in weeks
"ROTI CANAI YAAAASSSS!" *tears of joy and gratitude*
6. And you'll usually get carried away and order waaaayyyy too much 'cause you've been deprived for so long
7. Your #1 priority before you leave is stocking up on frozen supplies
PSA: BUY EVERYTHING WHILE YOU CAN OR YOU'LL REGRET IT LATER!
8. You're constantly asking people to ship stuff to you or tumpang-ing the luggage of anyone who's coming to visit
And then you'll try your best to make your supplies last as long as possible.
9. It's not uncommon for you to get super excited when you unexpectedly come across Malaysian stuff...
10. ...and you start counting down the days the second you hear that something familiar is opening up where you are
PappaRich in Australia?! Yaaass!
11. When you're truly desperate, you end up improvising and trying to recreate your favourite dishes as best as you can
But it's never good enough T___T
12. So you're eternally super grateful to other fellow Malaysians who cook well AND offer delivery services
Thank you kind souls for fueling our needs for good, homecooked Malaysian food. Y'all the real MVPs <3
The next time you're craving for a taste of home while overseas, you can trust in Kawan to deliver that familiar Malaysian flavour
With an extensive range of food products including paratha, chapatti, naan, puff pastry, popiah skin, mantou, and more, Kawan is one of best suppliers of high-quality, affordable, and convenient food.
As an industry pioneer, Kawan uses only the finest ingredients (0g trans-fat and no added preservatives) as well as imported high-tech food production lines to ensure the taste and quality of their food products.
They use a unique quick freezing process to ensure the highest degree of freshness and the longest possible shelf life. This is so they can keep their promise of not compromising the health and safety of their customers.
It's this dedication that has made Kawan a well-known brand both in Malaysia as well as around the world. Kawan products are well-received globally, as the brand represents the wholesome goodness of home prepared food, with the added benefits of convenience and versatility.
So whether you're enjoying traditional Malaysian food or creating innovative new dishes, you know that you're getting only the very best with Kawan!