7 Unique Activities To Try In Singapore If You're Bored Of Doing The Same Old Things
You've probably been to Singapore at least once in your life, right?
With its close proximity to us and ease of access, Singapore is a popular travel destination for many Malaysians, be it for a quick weekend trip or an extended stay.
Whether you're going there solo, with family, or with friends, there's just so much to see and do — from popular sites like Marina Bay Sands and Universal Studios Singapore to lesser-known hidden gems that locals frequent.
With over 150 accommodation options around the city, Agoda wants you to have the best stay as you set out on your journey to Reimagine Singapore
Ranging from fancy to simple, and covering a variety of price points, there are all kinds of accommodation options available via Agoda. Be it a fancy hotel or a budget one, there's something for everyone, no matter what you're looking for.
They even have some awesome promos, such as getting 25% off your accommodation or upgrading your stay with an extra 8% off!
You'll also be rewarded with additional savings by using the promo code VISITSG8 on your bookings from now until 31 March 2023.
Dunno what to do on your next trip to the Lion City?
Don't worry, Agoda has got you covered with recommendations for unique activities to try! Check 'em out:
1. Charter a boat to Lazarus Island
Most people usually head for the ever-popular Sentosa Island, but Lazarus Island is one of the country's best-kept secrets. Located along Singapore's southern coast, the lesser-known isle is home to one of the country's best beaches, featuring clean white sands on a C-shaped lagoon.
Take a dip in the glistening sun-kissed waters, chill on the beach, or explore the vicinity, including the nearby St. John's Island, which is a mere 15-minute walk away via a connected causeway.
2. Go hiking along one of the many trails spread across Singapore's parks and nature reserves
Escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse yourself in nature instead, whilst getting up close and personal with wondrous tropical flora and fauna.
Here are some recommendations for hiking trails:
- The Southern Ridges: A 10-kilometre connector trail offering scenic vistas of some of Singapore's most luscious natural gems, including Mount Faber Park, Telok Blangah Hill Park, HortPark, and Labrador Nature Reserve
- Fort Canning Park: A site where archaeological digs have unearthed remains of ancient brick buildings believed to be palaces of ancestral kings
- Clementi Forest: For its Jurassic Park-esque vibes
- Keppel Hill Reservoir: To discover a hidden 'dark past'
- MacRitchie Reservoir Park: Famed for its variety of wildlife and peaceful, secluded paths and TreeTop Walk
3. Cycle your way around the city
If you're feeling adventurous, cycling is a great way to discover and experience Singapore up close.
Check out routes like the Marina Bay Loop, the Northern Explorer Loop, or the Central Urban Loop, which are all beginner-friendly, easy rides. Meanwhile, experienced cyclists can opt for the Singapore Round Island Loop. With a minimum distance of 120 kilometres, it covers a mixture of roads, park connectors, and gravel.
Prefer to cycle through scenic nature routes instead? You can do that too!
Here are some recommendations:
- East Coast Park: A 15-kilometre trail perfect for a casual ride
- Pulau Ubin: Enjoy a chill ride through the island with an abundance of nature. Go on an adventure by yourself or try one of the many guided tours available on the island.
- Bukit Timah Mountain Bike Trail or the Ketam Trail: More seasoned or technical bikers will love the adrenaline rush of some downhill action
4. Explore Singapore in a hand-restored vintage Vespa sidecar
Doesn't that sound super fun and exciting? Hehe! The award-winning Singapore Sidecars tour is a first-of-its-kind experience, taking you off the beaten track in the aforementioned sidecars.
Take your pick from interesting options like the Kampong Glam and Civic District tour, the Crazy Rich Asians tour, the Art & Museums tour, or a nighttime ride with meals and drinks included!
5. Take cool classes where you'll be able to pick up a new skill
Here are some interesting classes to try:
- Intro to Pottery by Dirty Hands Only: Taking place at a beautiful rooftop garden studio, this two-hour class will teach you the two main pottery techniques, hand-building and wheel-throwing
- Secret Pizza Club: Learn how to make your very own ooey-gooey pizza, baked in an authentic woodfire oven and customised with garnishing harvested from the eatery's own rooftop farm! A team will prepare everything you need, from the dough and toppings to the firewood.
- Gin Tasting Experience at Tanglin Gin: Enjoy this 90-minute experience at Singapore's original gin distillery. It'll take you on a journey from wet market to gin bottle, where you can taste locally-sourced ingredients as well as learn the process of distillation, mixing, and bottling. The tour culminates in a gin-tasting session.
6. Unleash your inner arcade nerd at Level Up
Now in its fifth year of operation, Level Up is a unique lifestyle concept venue on Singapore's Red Valley Road. Combining a wide array of retro arcade games with live entertainment by key local musicians, you'll definitely have a night to remember. You can also enjoy yummy bar food with an Asian twist, paired with a variety of drink options.
7. Go crazy and release your frustrations at The Fragment Room
As Singapore's first rage room, get instant gratification from smashing plates, glasses, bottles, vases, and even electrical appliances. There are various packages available, some of which include cool add-ons like neon smashables a.k.a items coated in glow-in-the-dark neon paint.
And don't worry, your safety is guaranteed as you'll be provided with protective gear.
So, there you have it — unique experiences like no other to make your trip to Singapore an unforgettable one!
Find more recommendations for things to do on Agoda's app, or check out their website for information on accommodation options.
Got some cool brand news to share?