How Much Can You Eat? Test Your Limits With These Less-Than-RM50 Steamboat Buffets!
1. Suki-Ya @ Multiple Locations (pork-free)
Suki-Ya's "eat all you can sukiyaki & shabu shabu" provides diners with an unlimited supply of beef, lamb and chicken slices to be dipped in your choice of soup bases - the traditional shabu shabu, sukiyaki (sweetened soy sauce), miso or kimchi. If you're looking for a little variety, the restaurant's 'salad bar' offers an assortment of vegetables and sushi besides the usual steamboat offerings. Then, wash it all down with some green tea, chocolate, brown rice, or yam ice cream.
1. Tokyo Street @ Pavilion Kuala Lumpur: Lot 6.24.04, Level 6, 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur. (Tel: 03-2141 4272)
2. Paradigm Mall: Lot UG-13, Upper Ground Floor, No.1, Jalan SS7/26A, Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. (Tel: 03-7887 3042)
3. Mont Kiara: L1-16, 1 Mont Kiara Mall, No. 1, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur. (Tel: 03-6203 5238)
4. Klang Parade: No. G-62 , Ground Floor, Klang Parade, No. 2112, KM 2, Jalan Meru, 41050 Klang, Selangor. (Tel: 03-3343 5031)
Opening Hours: 10.00AM to 10.00PM daily.
Prices: RM29.80++ for Lunch (11.00AM to 5.00PM) and RM39.80++ for Dinner (5.00PM to 10.00PM). 50% off for children between 5 to 12 years old; children below 5 years dine for free. Each dining party is allocated 120 minutes, RM3.50 will be charged for each additional 15-minute block.
2. Seoul Garden @ Multiple Locations (halal)
Seoul Garden's Korean-style hot pot and BBQ grill combo is a unique dining experience for foodies of all ages. You'll be spoiled for choice with their unlimited selection of marinaded meats as well as their variety of seafood, vegetables, noodles, and much more. As for dessert, you can opt for their wide selection of ice cream and even try your hand at making your own 'ais batu campur'.
3. Yuen Buffet Steamboat Restaurant @ Kelana Jaya, Selangor (pork-free)
Previously located in Sunway Mentari, Yuen Buffet Steamboat Restaurant relocated to Kelana Jaya in January 2014 after 9 years as a pioneer of seafood steamboat in its previous location. The restaurant is popular for its wide selection of fresh steamboat ingredients and its famous Honey Chicken Wings.
Where: 8G, Block A, Zenith Corporate Park (behind Paradigm Mall), Jalan SS7/26 Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Opening Hours: 5.00PM to 12.00AM daily, last entry at 10.30PM. Closed on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month unless it's a Public Holiday or the eve of a Public Holiday.
Prices: RM29.50 for adults and children above 150cm, RM15.00 for children between 131cm and 150cm, RM8.00 for children between 96cm and 130cm.
Contact Details: Call 012-2998463 or 016-2086678 for enquiries and reservations.
4. Town Steamboat Restaurant @ Jalan Macalister, Penang (non-halal)
Dim sum restaurant in the morning, steamboat buffet joint in the evening, Town Steamboat Restaurant is the go-to spot for Penangites who simply want to gather round for a meal together or to host a birthday bash. Besides the usual steamboat fare, there are also a variety of dim sum, fried snacks, and Chinese desserts to choose from.
Where: 63, Jalan Macalister, 10450 Penang. (opposite UMNO Building)
Opening Hours: 6.00PM until late daily.
Weekdays except Public Holidays - RM20.90 (over 140cm in height), RM13.90 (senior citizens), RM7.90 (120cm to 140cm), RM4.90 (100cm to 120cm). Children below 100cm dine for free.
Weekends and Public Holidays - RM22.90 (over 140cm in height), RM14.90 (senior citizens), RM8.90 (120cm to 140cm), RM4.90 (100cm to 120cm). Children below 100cm dine for free.
Contact Details: Call 04-2297273 after 5.00PM to make reservations.
5. Happy City BBQ Steamboat Restaurant @ Kepong, Selangor
Happy City BBQ & Steamboat Buffet's specialty lies in its charcoal BBQ, which enhances the flavours of grilled ingredients. Besides the usual assortment of BBQ and steamboat ingredients, there are also a variety of Chinese cuisine, sushi, desserts, and drinks.
Where: Lot 44649, Jalan 7A/62A, Bandar Manjalara, Kepong, 52200 Kuala Lumpur.
Opening Hours: 5.30PM to 1.30AM daily.
Dinner Buffet (5.30PM to 10.00PM) - RM45.00 (adults and children above 130cm), RM33.50 (seniors), RM22.50 (101cm to 130cm). Children below 100cm dine for free.
Supper Buffet (10.00PM to 1.30PM) - RM32.50 (adults and children above 130cm), RM21.50 (seniors), RM15.50 (101cm to 130cm). Children below 100cm dine for free.
Contact Details: Call 012-913 3293 to make reservations (not available on weekends and public holidays).
6. Flaming Steamboat Buffet Restaurant @ Multiple Locations (halal)
One of very few halal-certified steamboat restaurants in Malaysia, Flaming Steamboat Buffet Restaurant serves up to 160 of choices of fresh seafood, steamboat ingredients, fruits, desserts, ice-cream, chocolate fondue and free-flow drinks.
1. No. 123 & 124, Jln PJS 11/2, Spectrum Shops, Bandar Sunway, 46150 Petaling Jaya, Selangor. (Tel: 03-5633 6820 / 012-3033 136)
2. No. 66-0 & 68-0, Platinum Walk, No. 2, Jalan Langkawi, Danau Kota, 53300 Setapak, Kuala Lumpur. (Tel: 03-4142 3144 / 017-7077 300)
3. No. 7 & 9, Jalan Kemuning Prima A33/A, Seksyen 33, Shah Alam, 40400 Selangor. (Tel: 03-5131 5138 / 012-7003 771)
Opening Hours: 5.00PM to 12.00AM daily.
Price Range: RM11.00 to RM25.00
7. Windbell Seafood Restaurant @ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (pork-free)
Windbell Seafood Restaurant is widely-regarded as one of the best steamboat restaurants in the local community. The all-you-can-eat buffet also offers an assortment of cooked food such as roasted chicken, chicken feet and fried ikan basong as well as more than 50 varieties of seafood and meats. Four types of soup bases are made available for your choosing - chicken stock, Tom Yam, Chinese herbs broth and mild curry.
Where: No. 20, Jalan Selangor, Tanjung Aru, 88100 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
Opening Hours: 10.30AM to 2.00PM and 6.00PM to 10.00PM daily.
Prices: RM34.00++ for adults, RM17.00++ for children between the 6 to 12 years old. Children below the age of 6 dine for free.
Contact Details: Call 088-222305 to make reservations.
Know of any awesome all-you-can-eat steamboat places that cost less than RM50 per head? Let us know in the comments below!