So you probably didn't expect your birthday to look so different this year
Trust me, I feel you.
Although your birthday plans have to be temporarily on hold for now, there are still ways to make it a special day!
1. Treat yourself or your family to your favourite meal or dessert and have it delivered to your doorstep
Don't let being home keep you from enjoying a fancy slab of steak or your favourite cake.
There are plenty of restaurants in Klang Valley that are doing deliveries right now, including Table & Apron, Maria's Steak Cafe, and myBurgerLab.
You can also order yummy cakes from Cake Together, Eat Cake Today, @itsbakedbysuli or from ice cream parlours like Inside Scoop.
2. Organise a group online game session like Houseparty or Jackbox with your closest friends
3. Plan a movie night or marathon of your favourite shows
Dim the lights, grab snacks, and get cosy with your favourite movies.
You can revisit old shows, such as The Parent Trap, Mean Girls, Mrs. Doubtfire or do a whole Marvel marathon.
Parasite and Get Out are great movies to watch if you're into psychological thrillers. Whatever your genre is, go for it.
You could also start a Netflix party, which allows you and your friends to watch shows at the same time while everyone is in their own homes.
4. Cook something special or treat yourself to your fave meal and have it delivered to your home
Do a fun activity like make pizzas (myPizzaLab supplies cooking kits), or get creative in the kitchen and whip up a dessert.
Most restaurants have started doing deliveries so you can also opt to order a special meal for yourself. You deserve it. <3
5. Make it a self-care day with your own personal spa and/or pedi-mani session
You've worked hard all year. Now is time to pamper yourself. Light some candles, run a bath, do a scrub, or wear a facial mask. Whatever it is that makes you feel relaxed, do it!
After all, you deserve it.
There are plenty of local online stores that are selling skincare products. You can start by checking out this Malaysian online store.
6. Host a quarantini party - everyone makes their own creative cocktails via Zoom, Skype, or Discord
Get your close friends or family members to make their own cocktails and throw a virtual happy hour evening.
Choose a platform where you can all hang out together while each person makes their own drinks. If you're not in the mood for online games, you can even play drinking games through Skype, Zoom, or Discord.
If making cocktails sounds like too much work, you can also get chilled drinks delivered to your doorstep.
You can order from Drinkies.my, WhollySpirits, and Kenshin KL.
7. Host a fundraising drive where people can donate money into a charity of your choice
If friends are asking you what you'd like for your birthday, you could get them to donate money to a charity instead of getting you actual presents.
You could donate the money to local projects like food drives that are helping those struggling during this pandemic.
SimplyGiving also has a list of online charities that you can help.