We Asked Kids What They Want To Be When They Grow Up And Their Answers Are The Best
Kids have the biggest dreams because they have no limitations, and it's just the best!
There's nothing quite like talking to a child about how they imagine their future. With bright eyes and big smiles that light up the room, they can dream up entire new worlds!
As parents, we want nothing more than to protect our children and their dreams. Now with PRUWealth Plus, you can do just that and build a legacy for the next generation.
In partnership with Prudential, we asked 12 kids what they want to be when they grow up. Here's what they said:
1. "I want to be an astronaut because I want to visit Saturn"
- Xuan Cheng, 6 years old.
2. "I want to be a fire engine like Marshall [from Paw Patrol] so I can wash fire!"
- Hannah, 4 years old.
3. "I want to be a Godzilla animator or a Godzilla suit actor because I can make Godzilla do whatever I want it to do!"
- Umar, 8 years old.
4. "I want to make people happy with videos about food and movies"
"I want to be a YouTuber when I grow up. I like making people feel happy. I want to do it through my videos. My favourite type of videos are food and movie reviews and vlogs. I also like being famous!"
- Arjun, 11 years old.
5. “My dream is to be an entomologist so I can study insects, learn from them, and help protect them using technology."
"I want to find a way to help bees repopulate so our ecosystem will be balanced. Because bees are going extinct and it’s a big problem!”
– Ayub, 10 years old.
6. “I want to be a police and a doctor and a gymnastics [sic] and a zombie"
"And I want to drive a police car and go round and round and round and catch all the bad guys and put them in the JAIL! And I want to put my brother in the jail because he is so naughty!”
– Aisha, 3 years old.
7. "When I grow up I aspire to be a chef. I choose to be one because I believe that food has the power to bring people together."
"Food also is able to bring happiness to a person. Being able to create something that a person enjoys is the greatest satisfaction I can get, therefore I want to be capable of bringing that joy to as many people possible."
- KarMun, 17 years old.
8. “I want to be a magician because I can perform on stage with daddy when I grow older”
- Ryukenzo Tan, 5 years old.
9. "I can't say for sure what I want to become in the future, but I know I want to be part of something that helps others and brings people together!"
"I love choreographing for my dance crew, playing keyboard in the band, and conducting for my school's chorus speaking team."
- Ashling, 17 years old.
10. "I have two dreams: to be a farmer AND a baker because I like feeding people."
"My favorite game is playing picnic. I baked my own birthday cake when I turned 5. I prepared papaya seeds and planted them. I even grew my own beansprouts!"
- BianKa, 5 years old
11. “I have a plan. I will be a gamer and my best friend is going to film school, so together we will film, edit, and become YouTubers."
"And I want to be better and better at maths so that I can calculate our money and budget and spending on ads and buying equipment and stuff like that.”
– Sulaiman, 7 years old.
12. "I want to be a professional golf player and use my winnings to build schools for the underprivileged"
"I started playing golf at the age of 4, then after a two-year break, went back to the sport at age 8. My dream is to win as many tournaments as I can and also helping out the world at the same time. I want to build a school for children whose families cannot afford education so they can have a better life."
- Alyssa, 16 years old.
Kids are awesome! And whether they want to be an animated fire engine or an astronaut exploring outer space, there’s nothing more important than safeguarding those dreams.
You can build a legacy to leave behind for your children should anything happen to you
As a parent, and especially if you're the breadwinner of the family, this is your chance to continue fulfilling the dreams of your loved ones with PRUWealth Plus. The investment-linked life insurance plan provides high coverage, with up to four times greater protection.
Here are the highlights of PRUWealth Plus:
- High coverage - from basic sum assured of RM500,000
- Get up to 4x of your death* coverage amount - provides higher coverage upon accidental death when you need it the most
- Flexible and affordable premium - get yourself protected with the flexibility to choose the premium that suits your financial capability
- Extra coverage on 14 types of infectious diseases
- Loyalty Rewards along the way
Watch the video below to see how PRUWealth Plus can help dreams take flight:
But what's the big deal about life insurance? Do you really need it? The short answer is yes, and here's why:
1. You get to protect your family and loved ones after you're gone
Are you responsible for providing financial support to your loved ones, especially your kids? That includes paying the the bills, school fees, spending on groceries, buying clothes, and so on. If the people who love you also depend on your financial support, then life insurance is a must. This is what replaces your income when you die.
2. You're able to build a legacy to leave behind
Even if you don't have assets, such as property or an estate, to pass to your children, you can create an inheritance for them. All you need to do is name them as beneficiaries of your life insurance policy. This helps set your kids up with a solid financial future without you.
3. You can pay off debts so your family aren't left with the financial burden
Not only does life insurance help cover everyday living expenses for your family, it also covers your outstanding debts. These include the mortgage, credit cards, and car loans.
4. It's added financial security for your children
As a parent, your priority is likely the well-being of your kids. If you have dreams of them getting a quality university education, getting married, or starting their own business, this additional coverage helps to provide that financial headstart for them.
5. You get peace of mind
Death will happen eventually. While no amount of money can replace a person, life insurance helps provide protection for the people you love. You don't have to worry about what's going to happen to them once you're gone.
On top of the basic plan, there are two additional solutions for you to consider:
- PRUProtect Xtra is an affordable solution that allows you to leave behind a fair amount of inheritance for your loved ones and have your liabilities taken care of.
- Meanwhile PRUBest Gift creates protection for your loved ones as early as 30 days after they’re born. This solution provides insurance protection as well as acting like a long-term investment plan.
Secure their future. Find out more about how you can protect your children's dreams with PRUWealth Plus here!