1. One of the floors of an under construction supermarket collapsed in Pulau Sebang, Malacca, at about 2.15 pm on Monday, 22nd June
2. The collapsed floor is said to be an upper level parking lot. The incident happened after workers removed part of the steel support.
3. After the incident, the municipal council issued a stop work order at the shopping mall. According to The Star, municipal officials were seen placing the stop work notices at the site in Pulau Sebang.
4. 19 workers were injured in the incident, said M.S. Mahadevan, State Human Resources and NGO Affairs Committee Chairman
Malacca Fire and Rescue Department director Nazili Mahmood described the scene as catastrophic. "The whole floor was ravaged and those who survived should be thankful," he said.thestar.com.my
5. The incident killed 3 construction workers, all Myanmar nationals
Malacca police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Chuah Ghee Lye said the victims were still being identified. "All those injured were rushed to Tampin and Malacca Hospitals. We are still waiting for documents to identify them but ground report said most of the victims are from Myanmar," he said.thestar.com.my
6. Malacca police chief Chuah Ghee Lye said that 3 others were seriously injured while another 3 suffered minor injuries.
"All were from Myanmar. The workers were removing (staging) from the hardened concrete floor when the whole floor suddenly collapsed. We are investigating the actual cause of the collapse. We are also inspecting the entire structure of the building to ensure it is safe," he told reporters at the scene today.malaysiakini.com