Grab Now Offers Free Insurance For Their Drivers Along With A List Of Cool, New Perks
Grab recently announced an RM800 incentive for Malaysians who sign up as a driver-partner by 31 March 2020
The RM800 consists of a RM500 sign-up bonus and RM300 in subsidies to help new drivers with regulatory costs, including medical, training, exams, vehicle inspection, and licensing.
This is part of Grab's efforts to boost participation in Malaysia's gig economy, to which Grab contributed over RM3 billion in 2019. As a whole, Grab hopes to help Malaysians supplement their household income and provide a safety net to tide them over in times of need.
In addition, they also introduced GrabBenefits, the first-of-its-kind benefits programme to reward existing driver-partners
GrabBenefits offers driver-partners savings across four categories:
1. Fuel rebates. Drivers will get to save up to RM35 each month when they pump petrol at PETRONAS or spend at Mesra stores. They can also earn up to RM360 cashback for 12 months with the CIMB PETRONAS Savers Account.
2. Vehicle maintenance and accessories. Drivers get 20% off tyres with Point S, 50% off Car Inspection, Liqui Moly engine oil package starting from RM125, as well as 20% off car interior cleaning.
3. Healthcare. Drivers can enjoy a special rate of RM40 nett on Qualitas GP services, which is inclusive of consultation and medication.
4. Lifestyle and travel. Drivers who book through Agoda will get to save up to 9% more on top of existing travel deals. They will also gain access to exclusive Grab x Lazada promotions.
With GrabBenefits, driver-partners can also enjoy exclusive savings across brands like Petronas, Liqui Moly, Shell Advance, Qualitas Medical, Lourdes Medical, Digi, Mitsui, Chubb Insurance, Kaodim, GrabFood, GrabRewards, and GrabPay. There are also zakat contribution plans set up for driver-partners based in KL and Selangor.
Grab driver-partners will also get to earn rewards based on their Member, Silver, Gold, or Platinum tier
The tiering is based on number of rides completed, cancellation rates, and driver ratings. Drivers who check all the boxes for Platinum tier will gain access to these rewards and discounts in their Grab passenger app:
And that's not all. Platinum driver-partners will also get to enjoy:
- Discounts on travel, services, lifestyle, and entertainment
- Free Personal Accident Plus* for coverage up to RM50,000 with GrabInsure
- Call Centre Priority Call (new)
- EPF (coming soon)
According to Grab Malaysia country head Sean Goh, Grab promises to invest in the best benefits for their driver-partner community
"At Grab, we truly believe that if we look after our driver community, they will take good care of their passengers. They are much more than just partners - they are our ambassadors; they are the very reason for Grab to exist.
Above all else, we hope to ensure that our driver-partners’ honest, hard work pays off and brings a better quality of life to their families," shared Goh.
Want to find out more? Sign up to become a Grab driver partner on their website today.