Malaysian Shares His Experience And Process Of Getting Vaccinated At WTCKL Today
A Malaysian who was vaccinated today, 5 May, described to SAYS what the process was like and what are some of the things to expect
Hoh Wai Jie, also referred to as Jack, visited the KL World Trade Centre (formerly known as Putra World Trade Centre or PWTC) to receive his vaccination today.
The entire vaccination process took less than an hour for him.
1. First, you have to queue to get into the general waiting area and you can only start queuing about 10 minutes prior to your appointment time
He arrived early so he needed to wait around elsewhere until it was closer to his timeslot.
2. After that, he said you will be directed to do a temperature check and check-in to the waiting lounge, where they will call approximately 10 people at a time to enter the registration lounge
3. You'll finally sign the consent form and receive your jab at the cubicles, which are separated by genders
4. Lastly, he revealed that you will need to wait at the observation bay for 15 minutes
The typical observation time is 30 minutes, however, several people have reported that if you fall under the low-risk category, it is 15 minutes.
"After the observation period is over, another doctor will ask you if you feel any sickness or immediate symptoms. Then, he/she will give you an appointment card. The next jab will be in eight to 12 weeks and the announcement of the date will be done via MySejahtera app."
The exact date and location will not be confirmed yet and you will need to check the app.
When asked how he feels after the jab, Jack explained that his arm feels a tad sore but in general, he feels alright and has no chills or fever.
Before getting your vaccination, Jack advised to take note of the following:
- bring a pen and hand sanitiser
- only one companion is allowed to follow the person who will be vaccinated
- be there at least 10 mins before your appointment time
Read more about COVID-19 vaccines here: