Northern Thailand Gets Colder As Temperatures Forecast To Dip A Further 1-3°C
A strong high-pressure system over upper Thailand is expected to dip the currently chilly weather even further from today, 27 December, until the beginning of 2020
The Thailand Meteorological Department issued a weather report today, warning that the nation will see a drop between 1 and 3 degrees Celcius (°C), which will last until 2 January 2020.
A high-pressure system is essentially a clockwise flow of dry, sinking air that typically builds into a region behind a departing storm system.
It will cover the upper northeast of Thailand and the South China Sea, reported The Nation Thailand.
The Central region, East regions, and Bangkok and its vicinity will also see a drop of 1 to 2°C
The south will see more rain while the waves are predicted to reach heights of roughly two metres in the Gulf of Thailand.
The Thailand Meteorological Department warned that the areas will experience morning fog and temperatures could drop to around 20 to 23°C.
Here is a thorough breakdown of the weather forecast in the coming 24 hours:
- Northern region: Cool to cold with fog in the morning, lows of 13-19°C and highs of 30-36°C. Temperature likely to drop to 5-10°C on hilltops with frost in some areas.
- Northeastern region: Cold with fog in the morning with isolated rain, lows 16-20°C and highs of 32-33°C. Temperature likely to drop to 9-13°C on hilltops.
- Central region: Partly cloudy with fog in the morning; lows of 21-22°C, highs 33-35°C.
- Eastern region: Partly cloudy with fog in the morning and isolated rain; lows 20-24°C, highs 32-34°C; wave height one metre.
- Southern region (east coast): Partly cloudy with thunder showers in 10% of the area; lows 21-24°C, high 31-34°C; wave height one metre.
- Southern region (west coast): Partly cloudy with thunder showers in 10% of the area; lows 22-24°C, highs 32-34°C; wave height one metre, increasing to one to two metres during storms.
- Bangkok and its surrounding area: Partly cloudy and fog in the morning; lows 23-25°C, highs 33-35°C.
Speaking of northern Thailand dipping to 5-10°C, check out this vacation paradise there called Khao Kho: