A Four-Month-Old Baby Allegedly Choked To Death After Being Fed Milk By Babysitter
The child was pronounced dead at around 3.10pm yesterday, 3 July.
A four-month-old baby died after allegedly choking on milk yesterday, 3 July
According to a report by Bernama, Aira Amira Nurul Ridhuan was at her babysitter's house when the incident happened.
The babysitter had noticed that the baby was unconscious when she went to wake the child up to feed the infant milk.
It was reported that the child was asleep in her cradle after being fed milk by the babysitter earlier.
The baby's parents are both Sinar Harian journalists - 32-year-old Nurul Ridhuan Nor Ashaha and his 27-year-old wife Norhafiza Che Abdullah
"Around 9am, I sent my daughter to the babysitter’s house, but about 1.30pm, the babysitter informed me that my daughter was unconscious before rushing Aira to the nearby clinic, then the Shah Alam Hospital (HSA).
"The hospital doctor then confirmed that Aira had died around 3.10pm," explained Nurul Ridhuan, when speaking to journalists yesterday, 3 July.
The distraught father also mentioned that a postmortem has been conducted. Aira Amira's remains will be buried in Nurul Ridhuan's village in Felda Besout in Sungkai, Perak.
"I had just started work after taking leave for a week to celebrate Hari Raya with my family in the village.
"... Allah loves her more," said the father, as reported by the New Straits Time (NST). Aira Amira was the couple's firstborn child.
Shah Alam police chief told Bernama that the authorities are currently investigating the incident and are waiting for the postmortem results to identify the actual cause of death.