3 Vocational College Students Hospitalised After Getting Brutally Beat Up By Seniors

26 students have been arrested.

A vocational college in Kuala Terengganu, Terengganu saw two bully cases that involved 29 students in less than 24 hours

A total of 26 students had assaulted three students in two separate incidents at the Wakaf Tembusu Vocational College in Kuala Nerus.

The assailants had grouped up and violently beat up and kicked the victims, and all three victims ended up in hospital following the brutal attacks.

Initial media reports stated that two 16-year-olds -
Ahmad Zikrill A'zim Hasbullah and Wan Ahmad Faris Wan Zakaria - were recently attacked by senior students at the school

According to media reports, the incident happened at the school's dormitory at about 1.30am on Tuesday, 8 August. Ahmad Zikrill was sleeping when he was suddenly covered with a blanket and beaten up by a some 15 students believed to be his seniors.

The other students who witnessed the incident was ordered to keep quiet and not interfere.

Ahmad Zikril, who is a first semester student studying electronics technology and a state junior bowler, was reported to have sustained bruises on his body from the beatings, and even fainted twice following the assault.

During the incident, Ahmad Zikril's close friend, Wan Ahmad, had tried to intervene after he heard his friend screamed. However, Wan Ahmad suffered the same beatings from the assailant as Ahmad Zikril did.

Wan Faris was heavily bruised from the beatings.

Image via Harian Metro

The victims were reportedly admitted to the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital (HSNZKT) in Batu Burok to receive medical treatment after sustaining serious injuries. The duo were also allegedly forced to perform oral sex by their attackers.

New Straits Times reported that the seniors are believed that to have acted violently and assaulted the victims because they were not satisfied with their juniors who apparently refused to follow their orders.

Ahmad Zikrill's mother has come forward saying the attackers had forced the two victims to beat up each other

Harian Metro reported today, 10 August, that Suffia Ab Ghani was regretful that her son, who was already weak from the beatings, was ordered to beat up his friend.

According to Suffia, Ahmad Zikrill and Wan Ahmad were also forced to make a pledge saying that they will obey all of the seniors' orders at school in the future.

In a separate report by Sinar Harian, Suffia Ab Ghani said that her son was beaten up by the seniors for almost two hours during the incident. She revealed that Ahmad Zikrill was acquainted with some of the assailants.

She added that the reason given by the senior students that her son who did not follow orders and was considered as arrogant does not warrant for them to act in such a way.

New developments later revealed that another bully incident had happened earlier when another student was also assaulted by 11 other student

The victim, identified as Muhammad Luqman Hakim, was reportedly assaulted at the surau and the school's dormitory on Monday night (7 August) between 9.30pm and 10.30pm.

The 17-year-old was also admitted to HSNZKT after sustaining serious injuries.

When met at the hospital, Muhammad Luqman told reporters that he was probably targeted because of an argument with one of the assailants a few months ago.

"That student and his friends suddenly beat and kicked me when I was at the surau and they continued attacking me later at the dormitory," he was quoted as saying by Kosmo.

All 26 students who were allegedly involved in both incidents have been arrested on 8 August

It was reported that 15 students who allegedly assaulted Ahmad Zikrill and Wan Ahmad have been remanded until Saturday, 12 August, to assist with police investigations.

All of the 15 suspects aged 16 and 17 years old were detained at about 8pm on Tuesday after the police ordered their guardians to surrender their children at the district police headquarters.

The case is being investigated under Section 147 of the Penal Code for rioting, punishable with jail up to two years, or a fine, or both.

Leave a comment