Lee Chong Wei And Lin Dan Have The Purest Friendship And Here Are 20 Pics To Prove It
We stan a bromance.
There's nothing quite like watching Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan battle it out on the badminton court. Sadly, with the former having announced his retirement, we will never again bear witness to the duo's fiery matches on the public stage.
Despite their fierce rivalry across the net, the star shuttlers are actually pretty close friends off-court. Just look at these super cute pictures we found of their pure friendship:
1. From their first meeting at the 2000 Asian Junior Championships in Kyoto
The 2000 Asian Junior Championships was also then 18-year-old Lee's first international tournament.
2. Teaming up for a friendly doubles match in 2014
3. Sometimes, they'd exchange jerseys after a match
4. Like at the 2016 Rio Olympics semi-final...
7. "What bro"
8. "Tell the whole world we're bros"
9. *whispers* "We're bros."
10. "Why'd you whisper, bro?"
11. "Because you're my whole world, bro."
11. "b r o"
12. In conclusion, we stan this two decade-long friendly rivalry
Lin, along with fans from Malaysia and all over the world, paid tribute to the Malaysian shuttler after he announced his retirement: