Mother's Day is right around the corner, and although we won't be able to take our mums out, that doesn't mean we can't still make her feel special
From cooking her favourite meal to getting a present delivered to her, there are lots of things we can do to make this Mother's Day a memorable one without having to leave the house.
Maybank's Sama-Sama Lokal platform, which was recently launched to help struggling hawkers during the MCO, now includes fresh flowers that you can get for your mother!
These fresh flowers come straight from Cameron Highlands and are the perfect way to show your appreciation for how hard your mum has been working to take care of the family throughout this MCO.
At the same time, you'll also be doing your part to support local businesses! This is why Maybank created the Sama-Sama Lokal platform within the existing Maybank2u website. It's a way to connect businesses affected by these difficult times with potential customers.
As we adapt to the new normal and find innovative ways to celebrate festivities and special occasions, it's important to remember to support these local businesses in any way we can.
Here are some of the merchants providing beautiful flowers via Sama-Sama Lokal:
Lau Brothers Flower Farm offers a wide selection of lovely blooms, including fresh chrysanthemums, lilies, gerberas, sunflowers, hydrangeas, and more
You can get both fresh flowers and farm vegetables from RSC Agriculture
Are daisies your mum's favourite flowers? Get her a lovely bunch of fresh ones from E And E Enterprise!
Once you receive your supply of fresh flowers, you can even go the extra mile by DIY-ing a bouquet. Your mum will definitely love it!
Here are some tips to get you started:
1. When deciding on the colour scheme, choose either complimentary or contrasting colours. Don’t forget to add greenery for texture and color.
2. Do a quality check and prune your flowers before adding them to the bouquet. Prioritize tight buds that will open up over time and get rid of any droopy blooms or yellowed leaves. Make sure to remove any leaves that will sit below the water level of the vase. Get rid of thorns too.
3. Add a few drops of bleach to the water in your vase. This will kill off any bacteria and keep the flowers fresh.
3. Depending on the size of your vase, trim the flower stems. A general rule of thumb is to keep the top height of your blooms even. Cutting the stems at an angle while under running water will keep the flowers alive for longer.
4. Use an odd number of flowers to create uniformity between your centrepiece and the flowers around it.
5. Add the largest flowers first, then work in a circle. Turn the vase as you go to keep the arrangement symmetrical. Layer in another type of flower. Repeat until all the flowers have been added. Finish off with some greenery, grasses, or berries.
The best part is that Maybank is covering 50% of the delivery charges* from Cameron Highlands to your doorstep
This service is only available within Peninsular Malaysia, and is not applicable to Sabah, Sarawak, and Labuan. It should take around two to three days for the flowers to arrive.
*Limited to the first 2,000 orders
Place your order on Sama Sama Lokal now to make sure your flowers arrive in time for Mother's Day!
You can also order yummy food from hawker stalls and fresh vegetables from markets via Sama-Sama Lokal on the Maybank2u website.
Let's all do our part to support local businesses that are struggling due to this prolonged MCO. By continuing to buy from them, you'll be helping them stay afloat during these tough times. You'll also be helping the owners of these businesses to make ends meet, making sure that they earn enough to support their families.
Read more #tech stories: