Earlier this week, Resorts World Sentosa invited us to attend the media preview of 'Halloween Horror Nights 7' at Universal Studios Singapore
The theme for this year's edition of their annual highly-anticipated Halloween event is the 'Seven Deadlier Sins'. The seven new incarnations of sins present in modern day life are embodied by seven characters called the Sinisters: Cruelty, Deception, Malice, Manipulation, Narcissism, Perversion, and Obsession.
Us four penakuts and our fearless cameraman got to experience everything that ‘Halloween Horror Nights 7’ has to offer:
- Five haunted houses ('Death Mall', 'Inside The Mind', 'Hex', 'Make The Cut', and 'Terror-cotta Empress')
- Two killer shows ('Laboratorium', and the 'Slice of Life Tour')
- Two scare zones ('Pilgrimage of Sin', and 'Happy Horror Days')
- An all-new immersive zombie laser tag game
Here are the most terrifying moments that scared us so badly we ended up sleeping with all the lights on:
Btw everything is actually a lot darker than it looks on camera. Most of the places were pitch black so we really didn't know what was coming at us until they were RIGHT IN OUR FACES! *screams and runs for our lives*
1. When the 7 Sinisters gate-crashed the opening scaremony
2. You guys would go deaf if you could have heard how much we screamed before even entering a single haunted house
And it was all because of these things roaming around and swarming around us in groups:
3. Who knew K-pop could be so creepy?
4. We were literally screaming "I DON'T WANT TO GO SHOPPING ANYMORE!" throughout 'Death Mall'
5. PSA: The zombies don't stay "dead" for long after you shoot them guys. THEY REVIVE AND CHASE YOU!
We're so freaking glad that we didn't turn around and see that one zombie crawling after us omgggg confirm pengsan.
6. The zombies also FLY btw! #heartattackalert
Not caught on camera: us SCREAMMINGGGG our heads off while we shot almost all our bullets at this one bugger.
7. There were amputated limbs in the bushes eeeeee so geli!
8. That freaking demented Easter bunny will forever haunt us
It's not a statue btw! It actually gave us one of our biggest scares of the night by chasing us out of the Easter section of 'Happy Horror Days'. We were too busy screaming and running to film.
9. And we'll never be able to look at Christmas the same way again
You can just give our houses a miss this year Santa kthanksbye.
10. AAAAAAHHHHH WHY MUST YOU JUMP OUT LIKE THAT?!
You can see the hantu up ahead so you think you're safe 'till then but noooooo it's actually just to distract you from the one about to jump out right beside you omgggg. *dies*
11. We'll never forget how it feels to walk through a curtain of dangling bloody organs and plastic wrapped dead bodies *shudder*
12. Be warned... even the most unassuming of rooms have "surprises" lurking in the shadows
13. SERIOUSLY DUN LIDDIS PLEASE T____T
14. Cannot. Tahan. Anymore.
15. The hantus really liked getting up close and personal with us omg whyyyyy go away go away go away
16. Ehhhh Empress, can keep your hands to yourself please?
17. "It's fineeeeee it's fineeee there's nothing there... AAAAHHHH GOT SOMETHING!"
18. We discovered that we're pretty ermmm "athletic" when we need to be
Phewww we barely survived! Take it from us guys, 'Halloween Horror Nights 7' is definitely a must-visit for horror fans.