Singaporean Stand-Up Icon Kumar Is Coming To Malaysia!
Southeast Asia's queen of comedy is making her grand return to Malaysia to claim the comedy throne once again
Actor, stand-up artist, television host, and all-round comedian Kumar is set to return to Malaysia next month!
The Singaporean jokester who's known for his gut busting wisecracks and over-the-top sense of humour is set to take the local stage again for the first time since 2019, in his aptly entitled ROWDY KUMAR tour.
Presented by LOL Asia for the local dates, this tour marks the star's first international tour that'll head to Australia, too, after the Asian city lineup
"Kumar takes on our insensible world in the most ruthless style in a brand new comedy special ROWDY KUMAR," wrote LOL Asia on their website. "Kumar's unflinching comedic style will tackle all topics racing on our minds today — epidemics, lockdowns, irrational pop culture, knotty relationships, and more!"
In a post on Instagram, the comedian also expressed his excitement in returning to Kuala Lumpur. "What's up Kuala Lumpur! I'm finally coming back to one of my favourite cities ever with my brand new show. I'm so looking forward to bringing my best to all of you who's been waiting," the caption read.
LOL Asia's Chief Executive Officer and the producer of ROWDY KUMAR, Rizal Kamal, said in a statement, "At LOL Asia, we are very proud to be able to provide a platform and a safe space for talented entertainers, especially from the Southeast Asian region, to perform in Malaysia."
Staged across three different cities in Malaysia, Kumar will be paying a visit to Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, and KL over the course of two weeks in October
The full details of each performance is as below:
Location: Pullman Hotel
Date: 6 October
Location: Le Meridien Hotel
Date: 7 October
Location: Zepp Kuala Lumpur Concert Hall
Dates: 13, 14, and 15 October
Spanning 90 minutes per show, ROWDY KUMAR is only open to those aged 18 and above, with tickets ranging from RM200 to RM3,000 for the KL venue
The price of tickets for each venue is as listed below:
- Bronze Seats: RM129 (early bird), RM150 (normal price).
- Silver Seats: RM171 (early bird), RM200 (normal price).
- Gold Seats: RM214 (early bird), RM250 (normal price).
- Platinum Seats: RM256 (early bird), RM300 (normal price).
- Silver Seats: RM188 (early bird), RM220 (normal price).
- Gold Seats: RM231 (early bird), RM270 (normal price).
- Platinum Seats: RM273 (early bird), RM320 (normal price).
Note: Each ticket comes with one drink of choice (selection of wine, beer, juice, or soft drink).
- Silver Seats: RM214 (early bird), RM250 (normal price).
- Gold Seats: RM256 (early bird), RM300 (normal price).
- Platinum Seats: RM299 (early bird), RM350 (normal price).
- VIP Box (six people per box with special perks): RM3,300 per box.
All the ticket prices are inclusive of a RM4 ticketing fee. The layout for each venue can be seen as below:
While tickets for all performance locations are already on sale, certain safety protocols remain in place for viewership comfort
To purchase tickets for the performance, visit LOL Asia's website and select the venue of your choice and seating of preference. Tickets are in hot and short supply, so be sure to grab yours before it is too late!
Nonetheless, certain rules remain in place for viewers and must be adhered at all times for the safety and security of the performance.
Some of the rules include (but are not limited to):
1. The event is strictly for those 18 years of age and above.
2. No cancellation, changes, or refunds for tickets is allowed once purchased.
3. Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced or reissued.
4. All attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and have completed 14 days after two doses of the vaccine (Pfizer or Astra Zeneca), or 14 days after two doses and booster vaccines (Sinovac)
5. Booking confirmation will be delivered via email to the purchaser. If booking confirmation is not received within 72 hours, contact LOL Asia immediately.
Click here to view the full list of terms and conditions.
Ready to get ROWDY? It's time to add some laughter back into our lives.
Read more #entertainment stories on SAYS: