The Starling's Chinese New Year Celebrations Are Going To Be Epic. Here's Why
There's nothing quite like walking through the shopping malls as Chinese New Year approaches!
The music, the decor, the crowds... oh my! It's all part and parcel of getting into that festive spirit ;)
The Starling Mall is going big this year with a gigantic pavilion and stage, decorated with gorgeous pink cherry blossoms
Cherry blossoms signify the season of Spring and the start of a new year after the long Winter. The concourse of the Starling features rows upon rows of luminous cherry blossoms, red and gold carpet, and traditional Chinese red lanterns.
The masterpiece at the centre of it all is a gigantic 25-foot pavilion, with a performing stage decked out with giant cherry blossoms.
There will also be loads of amazing events taking place throughout the month! Here are the must-see performances to ring in the year of the dog:
Don't miss the beautiful performances by Soul of the Orient, a 3-piece Chinese instrumental group. Take your children to Arts of the Orient, a free workshop for kids to learn Chinese arts and crafts such as vase painting, Chinese knotting, rainbow calligraphy, and dragon beard making.
Get your fill of good food at any of the many delicious restaurants at the Starling
The Starling offers shoppers a wide spectrum of choices for feasting with your family, friends and business associates. From dining on dim sum to kicking back over cocktails, this mall has it all to make your celebrations more festive.
- Afternoon tea: Madeleine, Tea Verandah, The Embassy Cake & Bakery
- Chinese cuisine: Tang Room, Go Noodle House, Kim Zen, Tan Ngan Lo, Teo Chew Lor, Mr Fish Fishhead Noodle
- Foodie’s Nest: Annie 1, Fruit Your Ice Cream, KOM’s by Kompassion, Lim Fried Chicken, Little Fox Fusion Teppanyaki, Meat in Claypot, Oyster King & Hot Wings, Teo Chew Curry Laksa, Taiwanese Mini Hot Pot
- Fusion: Red Kettle, Two Sons Bistro
- Japanese: Shojikiya, Sukishi, Teppanyaki, Mitsuyado Seimen, Rakuzen, Sushi Zanmai
- Korean: Kory, Sopoong Korean Restaurant
- Local delights: Ah Cheng Laksa, Nam Heong, Sedap-nya, Teh Tarik Place
- Snacks and bites: Auntie Anne’s, Baskin Robbins, I LOVE YOO!, Juice Works, JUICEEE, MBG Fruit Shop, Starbucks Coffee, Traditional Homemade Egg Sponge Cake, Uji Cha
- Thai: Mr. Tuk Tuk
- Veggie and Organics: BMS Organics, Salad Atelier
- Western: Nicsmann 1940’s by Lewre, Bonfire Restaurant & Bar, Truly Wine, Vine
Shop for the festive season at the Blossoming Spring Bazaar
With all that going on, celebrating Chinese New Year with the Starling is sure to be super fun! Head there over the weekend and have an awesome time with your loved ones :D
Check out our other #lifestyle stories:
Got some cool brand buzz to share?