Gais, it has been exactly a year since we've adapted and gotten used to the new normal
Throughout 2020, many of us missed out on celebrating the special moments in our lives—be it big milestones like weddings, graduations, and birthdays, or simple joys like gathering with family during the festive season and going out to makan with friends.
We super miss those days, man!
While we can't go all out with our celebrations just yet, we can still keep our spirits up. We just gotta look for little nuggets of positivity and tweak the way we celebrate a lil bit ;)
Guinness wants to give everyone a reason to celebrate their missed celebrations throughout the month of March.
That's why they're turning the usual St. Patrick's Day into St. Patrick's Month, giving you an awesome 31 days to look forward to, whooooo! :D
If you live in the Klang Valley or Penang, now's your chance to make up for all those missed celebrations from last year.
Just head over to Guinness' Facebook or Instagram and tell them all about an occasion you couldn't celebrate. For 31 days in a row, Guinness will be choosing five entries every day and sending them a Guinness St. Patrick's Celebration Kit.
Created in collaboration with popular restaurants, these kits are STUFFED with soooo much yummy food! And of course, they all come complete with servings of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout too, for that perfect finish. Omggg, we're drooling just thinking of it :9
Besides winning them for free, you can also opt to purchase the kits yourself from the respective vendors. Find out more here.
If you're living in the Klang Valley, check out the Guinness St. Patrick's Celebration Kits you could win or buy:
1. myBurgerLab X Tipsy Boar - Tipsy Lucky Lamb Burger
Sink your teeth into this juicy burger that consists of fluffy bamboo green charcoal buns, a Guinness-glazed lamb patty, fried potato crisps, and watercress. And as if that wasn't enough, it's topped with calamansi aioli sauce, boursin garlic cheese, grilled jalapeño chaser, tomatoes, onions, and mint sauce.
Each platter also comes with a side of curly fries, and Guinness BBQ sauce dip.
- Ala carte (1 burger + 1 fries): RM30
- 1 set (1 burger +1 fries + 1 can of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout): RM38
- 3 set bundle (3 burger + 3 fries + 4 cans of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout): RM120
2. Anniekins Cakehouse - Moist Guinness Dark Chocolate Cake
Imagine having this moist Guinness dark chocolate cake with butter icing as your birthday cake, mmmmm! The dark chocolate perfectly complements the Guinness, and the icing is a wonderful sweet finish. So yums that you'll wanna eat the whole thing yourself and not share with anyone, hehe.
- 1 Guinness Cake + a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout: RM170 (excluding delivery charges)
3. Makhan By Kitchen Mafia - Guinness St Patrick's Take Home BBQ
Omg this is such an epic feast! Perfect for a small get together with friends, y'all will definitely have a blast cooking and sharing all this amazing food together. And of course, Guinness pairs perfectly with all the dishes.
Set consists of:
- Guinness Coffee Rub Flank Steaks
- Rosemary & Basil Pesto Rub Lamb Chops
- Guinness Glazed Hot Wings
- Salmon, Potato & Peas Pouch
- 3 Cheese Mac & Cheese
- St Patrick’s All Green Salad
- Basic BBQ utensils, charcoal, fire starter, and a table top BBQ pit
- Set + 4 Glasses of Guinness Draught in store: RM210
- Set + 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout for delivery: RM210 (excluding delivery charges)
4. Coley - Pots Of Gold (Guinness cocktails)
Kick back and unwind with a cold, refreshing cocktail. There are three different ones included in the set, so you'll get to enjoy a variety of flavours. And they come in cute bottles too, hehe.
Set consists of:
- Rabbit's Foot: Guinness Foreign Extra reduction, earl grey tea, ginger, and edible gold dust
- Golden Horseshoe: Guinness Foreign Extra, banana-infused Irish whiskey, Dulce de leche, bitters, clarified milk, sea salt, and edible gold dust
- Lucky Leche-prechaun: Guinness Foreign Extra, Dulce de leche, clarified milk, sea salt, and edible gold dust
- 1 set of the 3 cocktails in store: RM98+ per set (excluding 6% SST)
- 1 set of the 3 cocktails for delivery: RM98+ per set (excluding 6% SST and delivery charges)
5. The Ice Cream Bar - Patrick's Treasure & Guinness Brownies (Guinness-infused ice cream)
With the super panas weather we've been having recently, there's no better treat to cool you down than ice cream! Enjoy the perfect marriage of sweet, cool ice cream with that smooth, bitter malty goodness of Guinness.
Here are the flavours you'll get:
- Patrick's Treasure: Guinness Cream + Pistachio Chocolate Feuilletine
- Guinness Brownies: Guinness Cream + Brownies Mix
- 1 Guinness Brownies & 1 Patrick's Treasure: RM 64
Meanwhile, Penangites can look forward to buying or winning these Guinness St. Patrick's Celebration Kits instead:
1. Mish Mash - You Got Beef Burger
Burger lovers, y'all gotta get your hands on this one. The juicy beef patty is brushed with homemade Guinness sauce! It also comes with other delicious components like sautéed BBQ onions, cheese, mustard, mixed greens, and a generous helping of sidewinder chips.
- 3 burgers & 3 fries + a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout: RM128 (excluding delivery charges)
2. Cake By X - St Patrick's Guinness Chocolate Buttercake
No celebration is complete without cake, and this one will definitely satisfy anyone with a sweet tooth. Indulge in a glorious moist chocolate Guinness buttercake with chocolate ganache buttercream.
- 1 Guinness Cake + a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout: RM148 (excluding delivery charges)
3. Mish Mash - Gone Grillin (Guinness BBQ at home)
Miss going out for BBQ? Host one at home with your fambam! Y'all can plan a fun BBQ night, complete with exciting activities. And this kit will make sure that you're all covered on the food front, nom nom. Feast on tender pork belly and flavourful chicken wings, then wash it all down with a cold Guinness. So puas!
Set comes with:
- Succulent cuts of pork belly
- A side of Guinness-marinated chicken wings
- Basic BBQ utensils, charcoal, wood chips, and a table top BBQ pit
- 3 portions of pork belly & chicken wings + a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout: RM280 (excluding delivery charges)
4. Mish Mash - Guinness Espresso (Guinness cocktails)
Need to unwind after a long day or a busy week? This Guinness Espresso cocktail will hit the spot. The kit will give you all the ingredients you need to whip it up yourself. Mix a concentrate of Guinness with Mish Mash's house blend espresso, then top up with Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, et voilà! The balance between the coffee and the Guinness is *chef's kiss*.
- 4 alco-espresso mix + a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout: RM100 (excluding delivery charges)
5. Three Tiers Ice Cream - Leprechaun's Bite & The Pure Irishman (Guinness-infused ice cream)
Beat the heat with some delectable Guinness-infused ice cream! The Guinness blends beautifully into the ice cream, resulting in something that's not too sweet but still oh-so-indulgent.
Here are the flavours you'll get:
- Leprechaun's Bite: Guinness stout ice cream with dark chocolate brownie and swirls of leprechaun magic
- The Pure Irishman: Reduced Guinness stout mixed into a cream base. Creamy and malty with a distinct stout aftertaste.
- 1 Leprechaun's Bite & 1 The Pure Irishman + a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout: RM97 (excluding delivery charges)
Additionally, Guinness is also running special promos in various locations, in which you could get a limited edition Guinness tumbler for free!
With three cool St. Patrick's Month designs, the limited edition Guinness tumblers are premium collectibles, so make sure to grab 'em while you still can.
Here are all the deets on how to get the tumbler:
- At pubs, bars, and restaurants: Buy a set of Guinness Draught or Guinness Foreign Extra Stout to get a free Guinness Tumbler
- At coffee shops, food courts, and chinese restaurants: Buy three big bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout to get a free Guinness Tumbler
- At hypermarkets and supermarkets: Buy two 4-can packs of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout to get a free Guinness Tumbler
- Drinkies: Buy two 6-can packs OR one 24-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout to get a free Guinness Tumbler
- At 7-11, KK Mart, and MyNews: Buy RM20 worth of Guinness products and stand to win a set of Guinness Tumblers
- Happy Fresh (app or website): Buy two 4-can packs of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout to get a free Guinness Tumbler
- Shopee (app or website): Buy two 6-can packs OR one 24-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout to get a free Guinness Tumbler
No matter which Guinness St. Patrick's Celebration Kit you get, they're sure to level up your home celebrations and mark your special day in a totally memorable way
Make sure to try your luck at winning one of the kits by submitting your story, and don't forget to grab a Guinness to make up for all those missed celebrations this St. Patrick's Month!
For more information, check out the Guinness website, Instagram, or Facebook.
As a reminder, the legal drinking age in Malaysia is 21 years old. That means you need to be 21 in order to buy and consume alcohol. Remember to always drink responsibly and in moderation. If you plan to drink, try carpooling with a friend who isn't drinking or catch a cab instead of driving.
Read more of our #lifestyle stories: