McDonald's Celebrates Teacher's Day By Awarding 25 Local Teachers With RM5,000 Each
From creating engaging lesson plans to preparing creative teaching materials, teachers truly go above and beyond to educate and prepare young minds for the future
Though times were hard during the pandemic, their relentless efforts ensured that their students received education in a fun and engaging manner.
Now that everyone is back in school, teachers are going the extra mile to bring their students up to speed on all the topics they've missed out on, so that they can sit for their upcoming examinations.
Although it looks easy from the outside, the dedication and perseverance these teachers show in caring for each one of their students are truly remarkable.
Recognising the hard work and sacrifice of these superhumans, McDonald's Malaysia rewards 25 outstanding teachers as a token of gratitude, via their annual Anugerah Guru Inspirasi
This year, the award received over 5,600 public nominations throughout the nation within the span of less than a month.
The nominations sent in by the students were their way of expressing their love and appreciation for their teachers, for all their efforts to educate and nurture them. It just goes to show that teachers are capable of touching the lives of their students, aww. <3
Read their adorable and heartwarming stories here.
Marking its sixth edition this year, the award received an increase of over 1,200 entries compared to last year :O
Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of McDonald's Malaysia, Puan Hajah Melati Abdul Hai said, "McDonald's had initiated the annual award ceremony to show its commitment in giving back to the communities that they operate in, by recognizing that teachers play an essential role in the sustainable future of the nation through education."
She added, "These past two years have not been easy, with pandemic restrictions impacting students' learning experience. But the stories that we read through the nomination submissions since the start of the pandemic, reflect the strength of the human spirit, with teachers at the forefront as the driving force of our nation's education system. As we enter the endemic phase, let us not forget the versatility, adaptability, and more importantly, the resilience of teachers who showed up and delivered during times of uncertainties."
Choosing from thousands of uplifting stories, a cash award of RM5,000 and a special trophy were given to only 25 exceptional teachers for Teacher's Day
Presented by YB Datuk Mohd Radzi Jidin, Senior Education Minister, McDonald's Malaysia hopes that this award will encourage and show appreciation to all those teachers who go beyond their call of duty to be an inspiration to Malaysia's future generation.
Apart from that, Malaysians who nominated the 25 winning teachers will also be receiving RM200 worth of McDonald's gift vouchers each as a token of appreciation.
Check out the full winners list below. Hats off to these 25 teachers who went above and beyond in their rewarding job!
2. Mdm Tan Wei Kuan from SJKC Chong Cheng
3. Mrs Siti Ainulmursyida Bt Shamsudin from SMK Orkid Desa
4. Mr Muhammad Suffi Bin Yusof from SK Pangkalan TLDM
5. Mr Mohammad Noor Azlan Bin Idris from SMK Syed Abu Bakar
6. Mr Tiew Feilix from SJKC Kwang Hwa
7. Mrs Nur Afizan Binti Mohd Zainon from SMK Dato' Bijaya Setia
8. Mr Awang Mohammad Bin Awang Yahya from SK Semayan Pulau Banggi
9. Mr Norhailmi Bin Abdul Mutalib from SMK Jerlun
10. Mr Rohaidee Bin Mustafa from SK Tun Syed Ahmad Shahabudin
11. Mdm Angela Binti Joseph from SMK Mutiara
12. Mr Noreriffin Bin Norazaman from SMK Lailatul Shahreen
13. Ms Jasleen Binti Mohamed Razali from SK Gong Nangka
14. Mr Ishak Bin Hassan from SK Bandar Raub
15. Mr Lerry David from KV Keningau
16. Mr Hafizi Fazli Bin Bakar from SMK Kemabong
17. Mr Mohana Ram A/L Murugiah from Methodist Girl's School
18. Mr HJ Khairu Rasid Bin Mohamad from SMK Tan Sri Jaafar Albar
19. Mr Zulbaseri Bin Husain from SK Parang Putting
20. Mr Maheswaran A/L Muniandy from SK Putrajaya Presint 9(1)
21. Mr Huzaire Bin Haji Ahmad from SK (F) Mempaga 2
22. Mr Kelimin Anak Lidam from SK Long Moh
23. Mohamad Zain Bin Md Sevan from SK (F) Pasir Besar
24. Mrs Aznida Binti Abdul Aziz from Kolej Tingkatan Enam, Petaling Jaya
25. Mrs Siti Rahimah Binti Hamat @ Mamat from IPG Dato' Razali Ismail
Want some great news? In conjunction with Teacher's Day, all 318 McDonald's Malaysia restaurants will be hosting parties in May and June!
There will be exciting games, photo sessions, and other awesome activities.
McDonald's Malaysia will also be giving out 500,000 meal vouchers to teachers nationwide. The free meal vouchers will benefit 500,000 teachers working in national and government-aided schools under the purview of the Ministry of Education.
Teachers can redeem either a free Spicy Sesame McChicken or Sausage McMuffin with Egg meal at any McDonald's restaurant nationwide.
Don't miss out! Check out more details on their website
For more #lifestyle stories on SAYS: