19 Primary School Memories Every Malaysian Can Relate To
Primary school is where some of the fondest memories were made
It was where we made our first best friend, had our first BFF fight, and first crush. We may have hated going to school back then, but you got to admit that those were really fun times.
1. Greeting teachers with "Selamat pagi, cikgu" everyday
2. Making your first friends there
You usually end up being really good friends with the person who sat next to you, and you'll do everything together.
3. 'Breaking up' with one of them because of something small
4. ... and then became friends again after one day
Girl A: "I'll never fight with you anymore T_T"
Girl B: "Me too! Friends forever!"
5. You had your first crush too <3
6. There's one teacher whom everyone is afraid of
Legend has it (and you still believe it till today) that this teacher can spot a naughty student from a block away.
And you'll never forget that death stare...
7. We sometimes passed secret messages in ninja mode
Because some messages are really urgent and cannot wait till recess.
8. ... and then got punished for it when we're caught
That's when you realised your ninja skills need a level-up session.
9. We tend to fill up our Buku Program Nilam at the last minute
Those who update their Buku Program Nilam regularly are those who really want the prizes. The rest will just copy from each other (shhh).
10. We take 'chup' tiang really seriously
Yes, we really loved our tiangs.
11. Remember the times we learned how to brush our teeth beside the longkang?
12. Pretty sure we didn't cry when we got our BCG injection
13. The most epic party for us back then was Hari Kanak-Kanak
Still the best day of our lives.
We used to wish everyday can be Hari Kanak-Kanak because it's a full day of food, games, and most of the time we'll end up bringing home bags of snacks :D
14. And our favourite class was kelas komputer
Because we could sneakily play computer games at the back.
15. Where we learned how to use the grandfather of pendrives
It's called a floppy disk, kids.
16. Then there's that haunted toilet nobody would use...
Every school has this toilet that everyone says is haunted. And it's usually the girls' toilet.
17. We were super nervous sitting for the first major exam in our lives
18. Before the year ended, we'd ask our friends to write in our 'biodata book'
Do you still have yours?
19. We also cried a lot during graduation ceremony :(
All of a sudden, six years felt too short. We cried because we won't be seeing each other so often anymore, and we'll miss our friends badly.
We still do :(
But no matter what, you'll remember those friendships throughout your life
PETRONAS' latest Deepavali video is inspired by all these primary school memories. As with their other videos, this one is sure to give you the feels. Watch it here:
With their thoughtful Deepavali video, PETRONAS would like to wish everyone: