New Baby Rooms, A Fresher Look, And 10 Other Cool Upgrades Sunway Pyramid Recently Made
Did you know that Sunway Pyramid has been around for 21 years? :O
Since it first opened its doors back in July 1997, the mall has been one of the most happening malls in the Klang Valley, always packed with both tourists and locals alike.
It has always been a hotspot that's not only conveniently located, but also has everything you could want in a mall, including popular retail outlets, yummy F&B options, and all kinds of fun entertainment options.
In keeping with their goal to constantly improve themselves and enrich the experiences of shoppers, Sunway Pyramid has recently been uplifted and upgraded
This is to ensure that they can better cater to all generations of shoppers, from families to young working adults, and even senior citizens. More than 20 new services, and amenities have been added in order to improve the ease, safety, and comfort of all shoppers.
1. The gorgeous new entrance now features a level ground for improved wheelchair and stroller accessibility
You can also enjoy some extra comfort with the powerful new air-lock system which will allow you to cool off from the burning Malaysian heat.
2. Enhancements to the basements and car park areas include the addition of all-new designated parking sections
Mercedes-Benz EQ Power Charging Station
Ushering in a new age of urban mobility, you can now plug-in and charge your electric vehicles with ease at the dedicated Mercedes-Benz EV charging bays located at the B1 car park.
Besides being refreshed with epoxy flooring, there is also a new Preferred Parking area available on B1 and CP2.
Families with strollers and young children can now enjoy the well-lit family parking area located at B1. It's close to the mall entrances and lifts, making it easier for parents and/or guardians to get around with their little ones.
3. Enjoy a treat for the senses through the Oasis Garden as you ride the escalators from CP2 to CP7
Your journey into and out from the mall will never be the same again. Specially curated by Prof. Matthew Sansom, the Sunway University School of Arts Associate Dean and Performance and Media Head, each floor gives you a unique experience.
Listen to sounds from 17 different species of birds, 3 species of monkeys, and 2
species of frogs, complemented with lush greenery and water features all around.
4. Specially designed with nature and relaxation in mind, the Paradise Garden is the perfect place to take a quick break
Look out at a view of Sunway Lagoon while being surrounded with fresh flowers and greenery, or walk along the pathway lined with various types of planters of all different shapes and sizes.
Location: LG1, near Starbucks
5. For the first time in 20 years, the iconic ice-skating rink gets upgraded with a cool new look featuring refurbished walls, new flooring, and specially designed pillars
The new and improved rink is now fully geared up to give you the best ice-skating experience ever! Bring along your friends to enjoy a special group discount on both weekdays and weekends.
6. Looking for a spot to study, charge your devices, or to just chill for a bit? Head on over to the Surf, Charge, Chill area.
Adorned with greenery to calm the senses, there's plenty of plug points, comfortable tables and chairs, and free Wi-Fi available for you to use as long as you want.
Location: F Floor
7. The newly refurbished AEON and Parkson outlets will soon be more spacious and brighter, welcoming you to a more contemporary shopping experience
8. In an effort to ease traffic woes at the main entrance, Sunway Pyramid opened the first ever Grab Lounge in South East Asia
In addition to the comfortable waiting lounge, there are also dedicated spaces for vehicles waiting to pick up or drop off people. Plus, passengers without a Grab account will still be able to call for a ride via the booking kiosks in the lounge. Tourists who do not have an account but with a working telephone number can use this service too.
Location: G Floor, Main Entrance
9. Parents will love the new baby rooms that are fully equipped to handle all kinds of kid-related situations
Keep your older kids occupied with the educational wall toys and toddler-friendly bench while you change or feed your baby at the diaper changing station and private nursing rooms. There's even a child-sized toilet so you don't have to leave if your little one needs to use the toilet.
The rooms are also equipped with with air purifiers, Kimberly-Clark foam soap and hand sanitizers, Pigeon baby lotions, baby wash, and liquid cleansers, and Cuckoo hot/cold water dispensers for your convenience.
- LG2 behind Ah Cheng Laksa
- LG2 behind Hair Fonts
- LG1 behind Tera
- LG1 behind Marry Merry
- G Floor behind Sole What
10. Worried about your kids running off and getting lost in the huge mall? Just drop by the Concierge to pick up some child safety measures.
With child safe emergency contact tattoos, child wristlinks, and double strollers, you can rest assured that your child will be safe at your side or easily found and returned to you should they get lost.
You can also can rent a nursing scarf, milk bottle warmer, or request for emergency diapers at the concierge counters.
Location: Concierge counters on G and LG2
11. Additionally, the Concierge can also help out with unexpected situations by providing you with handy emergency kits
There's a complimentary ladies emergency kit for sanitary and hygiene needs, a sewing emergency kit available on loan to tackle minor wardrobe malfunctions, and free hand sanitisers to combat the spreading of bacteria.
Location: Concierge counters on G and LG2
12. In conjunction with the International Day of Older Persons, Sunway Pyramid is one of the first malls in the region to introduce special privileges and amenities, exclusively for seniors aged 60 and above
From now till 31 December 2018, seniors can redeem a Senior Privilege Wristband from concierge counters. Family members can write their contact details on the back of the wristband, for easy reference in case of emergencies. The mall’s security hotline and Selangor police contact information is also printed on the wristband.
The wristband also allows seniors to enjoy exclusive discounts and promotions at selected outlets like Juice Works, Caring Pharmacy, Eu Yan Sang, Guardian, and more!
Seniors with difficulty walking are encouraged to rent mobile walkers, power strollers, or wheelchairs from the concierge counters. Other new additions for the comfort of seniors include the implementation of benches around the mall, the availability of wheelchair-friendly toilets on all floors, and the identification of priority lifts at all main areas.
Head on over to Sunway Pyramid today to check out all these new upgrades for yourself!
Read more of our #lifestyle stories: