Malaysian Killed In South Korea Tried To Break Up A Fight, Says Sister

The 26-year-old victim was reportedly stabbed by another Malaysian during the altercation.

Enlarge text

Follow us on InstagramTikTok, and WhatsApp for the latest stories and breaking news.

A Malaysian man was killed during a group fight in Eumseong County, North Chungcheong Province, South Korea, early on Sunday, 26 July

According to South Korean newspaper JoongAng Daily, the victim was fatally stabbed by another Malaysian during the altercation involving a group of foreign nationals.

Police have arrested a Malaysian man in his 40s on suspicion of murder and other offences.

The suspect allegedly stabbed the victim with a knife on a street in Daeso-eup, Eumseong County, at around 3am.

SAYS.com
Image via New Straits Times

Authorities said the incident occurred during a large fight between two groups, with around 10 people believed to have been involved

Besides the fatality, another person was injured and taken to hospital for treatment.

Police added that the suspect fled to a nearby residence after the incident but was arrested about an hour later. The circumstances surrounding the incident remain under investigation.

The victim's sister said her 26-year-old brother, Ahmad Shah, was trying to break up the fight

According to the New Straits Times, Ain Sephia said she learned about the incident from her brother's wife, who was at the scene when it happened.

"At the time, my brother was asleep when he received a call from his friend, who told him there was a fight and asked for help. My brother went there, and my sister-in-law also decided to accompany him.

"They did not expect that there was a group of men involved, while my brother was the only friend there at the time," she said.

Ain Sephia said she only learnt about his death at around 2.40am today, 27 July.

SAYS.com
Image via New Straits Times

She added that Ahmad Shah, the eldest among their siblings, had been living and working at a factory in South Korea with his wife for the past seven years

Describing him as someone who was always willing to help others, she said he had last returned to Malaysia three years ago and was planning to come home again this December to perform the umrah pilgrimage with the family.

She added that the family is still struggling to come to terms with his death and hopes his body can be brought back to Malaysia to be laid to rest in Bandar Tasik Puteri, Rawang.

Read more trending stories on SAYS

You may be interested in: