Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport Set To Open 1st Southeast Asia Outlet In KL With 400 Stores
Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport is set to open its first-ever outlet in Southeast Asia and it's going to be at Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur! :D
Spanning over 78,500sqm, it will be one of the largest LaLaport malls and the second of its kind located outside of Japan, after Mitsui Shopping Park LaLaport Shanghai Jinqia which opened in April this year.
The new outlet is set to tentatively open on 20 January, 2022, depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
There will be around 400 stores, including popular brands from Japan, such as NITORI, Nojima, and JONETZ by DON DON DONKI
Other stores and entertainment facilities will be:
– Coo&RIKU, Japan's largest pet shop with a cat café attached to it
– Nitinagin&Co, Malaysia's first indoor Thai floating market offering all kinds of Thai street food and products
– ROLLERWA+, a famous Korean indoor roller skating rink
– Golden Screen Cinemas
– Jaya Grocer (tentative)
The space will also feature Malaysia's first Zepp hall, a renowned Sony-affiliated live music hall for performances, offering high-quality sound and lighting. It can also host corporate events, fashion shows, eSports tournaments, and martial arts events, among others.
Customers will be able to visit or dine at a number of Japanese establishments that are opening their first outlets in Malaysia
Some of them include:
– DONQ/Mini One, a long-established bakery founded in 1905 in Kobe
– YAKINIKU SIZZLE by YAKINIQUEST, yakiniku restaurant which successfully opened its first outlet outside of Japan in Singapore
– MATCHA EIGHT, the first premium Japanese tea ice cream in Malaysia, specialising in artisanal and 100% natural Japanese tea ice cream made with the finest single-origin tea powder imported from Kyoto
Tamaruya Honten Steakhouse, Wasabi product company Tamaruya, founded in Shizuoka, will be bringing their first steakhouse restaurant to Malaysia
Other recognisable favourites like IPPUDO, SHABU-YO, TAKE-AWAY, and Miyatake Sanuki Udon will also open outlets in the mall.
LaLaport Bukit Bintang City Centre (BBCC) features a 'Central Rooftop Garden' with a roofed step stage, surrounded by greenery, a perfect space for outdoor events or just to chill outside with some fresh air
Its 'Gourmet Street' will allow shoppers to dine al fresco, while the 'Garden Dining' food court can fit a maximum of 1,400 people.
There will also be a 'Depachika Marche', where you can find plenty of takeaway food options.
Here's how to get there:
The mall can be directly accessed from Hang Tuah LRT and Monorail stations. There will also be a pedestrian deck to the Merdeka MRT station.
Stay tuned for more updates!
Read more Lifestyle stories on SAYS: