This Awesome Guidebook Shows You The Best Timings, Transport, Food & More Around Mt. Fuji
Planning a trip to Japan soon? Make sure to include seeing Mt. Fuji as part of your itinerary!
Located at the border of Yamanashi and Shizuoka Prefecture, the stunning mountain is Japan's most iconic natural landmark and is definitely a magnificent sight to behold.
Mt. Fuji stands at 12,388 ft. tall, and is actually an active volcano made up of three volcanoes - the Komitake volcano, Kofuji volcano, and Fuji. But don't worry, the last time it erupted was in December 1707.
The famous Fuji Five Lakes (Lake Yamanaka, Lake Kawaguchi, Lake Sai, Lake Shoji, and Lake Motosu) were all formed by the damming effects of the lava flows from Mt. Fuji.
The best time to visit Mt. Fuji depends on what you want to do there
If you’re feeling adventurous, you could take on the challenge of climbing it. It's best to visit during climbing season in Summer, which is from July to early September.
Just wanna see the gorgeous view instead? You can head to one of many
viewing points near Mt. Fuji. Aim to arrive at 8am (or as close to sunrise as possible) during Autumn and Winter for the best chance of seeing the majestic mountain with your own eyes.
However, even with that in mind, it can be hard to get a good look at Mt. Fuji due to weather conditions and low visibility
Many make the journey all the way there only to end up disappointed. Which is when they end up resorting to some hilarious measures like photoshopping or even drawing the mountain in haha!
In the hopes of helping you avoid that sad fate, Tune Protect has put together a comprehensive guidebook of everything you need to know about Mt. Fuji
They've truly gone all out and done the research for you, this guidebook will be the only thing you need to have the best Mt. Fuji experience.
Get the low-down on the best timings, locations, transportation options, hot springs, food (including halal options), and attractions around the Mt. Fuji area.
The best part is that the guidebook is completely free! All you have to do is download it.
For the best sightings of Mt. Fuji, head over to these viewing points
1. Oshino Hakkai - Catch Mt. Fuji against a background of traditional thatched farmhouses.
2. Koyo-Dai Lookout Platform - If the cafe at the top is open, you can go up to the roof of the cafe for 150 yen for a 360° unobstructed view.
3. Sanko-Dai Lookout Platform - Besides Mt. Fuji, you'll also get a gorgeous view of Lake Kawaguchi, Lake Sai, and Lake Motosu.
4. Fuji Q Highland Amusement Park - You can get a magnificent close up view of Mt. Fuji from most areas within the amusement park.
Mt. Fuji isn't just about that amazing view, so make sure to also check out these attractions around the area
1. Itchiku Kubota Art Museum - Catch a glimpse into the world of Itchiku Kubota, the artist that revived the lost art of Tsujigahana-dyeing.
2. Maple Corridor - Approximately 150m long, the trees that line the walkway are a gorgeous blend of Autumn colours.
3. Kawaguchiko Konohana Museum - Escape reality and step into the world of Wachifield, the quirky wonderland of Dayan the Cat.
4. Hakone Open Air Museum - Japan’s first outdoor, open-air museum of art spread across 70,000 square meters.
Download the full guidebook for more detailed information and lots of handy tips.
In the event that you still don't manage to see the elusive Mt. Fuji, even after following the tips listed in the guidebook, you'll be able to redeem a bonus from Tune Protect!
For a limited time only, eligible travellers will be able to get the Hello Fujisan Bonus. If you don't get to see Mt. Fuji from any of the viewing points, you can redeem RM50! This is an exclusive bonus for AirAsia Travel Protection customers travelling to Mt Fuji.
Here's how to redeem the Hello Fujisan Bonus
Step 1: Make sure your smartphone's GPS is turned on
Step 2: Enable your camera's location tag
Step 3: Take a photo of Mt. Fuji hidden from view from any of the predetermined viewing points
Step 4: Submit your details and picture at claims.tuneprotect.com
With Tune Protect having your back, you're all set to have the ultimate holiday in Japan! Don't forget to download the guidebook and add on AirAsia Travel Protection before you fly.