Spark joy and lots of ong at Gong Xi RIUH as we usher in the Lunar New Year this weekend!
Come and cultivate your creative senses with their curated selection of pop-up stores, food, creative workshops, showcases, and live acts, all of which will definitely fire up your senses for the upcoming festivities.
Block out these dates on your diary:
Date: 26 & 27 January 2019
Time: 11am - 9pm
Venue: The Gasket Alley, PJ
And as always, admission is FREE! :D
You can also get to Gong Xi RIUH easily and avoid the hassle of finding parking with a special Grab promo code
1. Festive live-acts and performances packed with feel-good energy
Get in the CNY mood and enjoy cultural performances such as Angel x Rocksta, a musical duo involving the Guzheng, a traditional Chinese instrument. You can also look forward to the Cantonese Opera performance, Happy Faces Performance, Face Changing Dance, and Xin Jiang Dance by the ASK Dance Company.
Of course, CNY just isn't complete without the thrilling lion dance. Be sure to catch the Acrobatic Lion Dance at RIUH by the award-winning Kwong Ngai Lion Dance troupe, champions of numerous national and international lion dance competitions.
2. Fun-filled indoor and outdoor activities for the entire family
Here are some outdoor activities you can participate in:
- Partake in the communal Yee Sang toss. RIUH will be preparing eight sets of Yee Sang so everyone will get a chance to toss away.
- Take pictures with the God of Prosperity as he makes an appearance.
- Allow your kids to let loose and have fun with bubbles.
For some indoor activities, here's what you can look forward to:
- Participate in the Tarot Card reading by Nickey Ross to get an idea of what 2019 has in store for you.
- Enjoy the Art In The City exhibition, which showcases 14 artworks from legendary and grassroots artists.
- Get a traditional Silverprint photograph in black & white at the Pinhole Camera photo-booth from Kanta Portraits, exclusively at RIUH on Saturday, 26 January from 11am - 3pm.
- Get your own personalised Chinese calligraphy.
3. Learn a new skill by taking part in the various workshops
Chinese New Year Inspired Embroidery Workshop by Yean Ni Koo - This workshop will familiarise you with the pin and needle method, as well as teach you how to sew. Get your tickets here!
Forest in A Bottle Workshop by Moonshop Gallery - Forest in a Bottle is a terrarium made out of a mixture of stone, compost soil, leca clay & plants. The workshop will consist of creating the forest in bottles of various shapes and sizes with your own hands! Click here for more information about ticket prices.
4. Be spoilt for choice as you shop for your CNY gifts
Decorate your home or gift CNY flowers & plants from BloomThis. Stock up on gift sets to bless relatives or friends, such as a pineapple tart set from That Last Bite, or a beauty set from Jeanie Botanicals. You can also check out hampers from Koyara and delicious snacks from Amazin' Graze, perfect to give those who are looking to be more health-conscious this CNY!
5. Time to buy your outfit for reunion dinners and open houses
6. Check out these brand new stores that have never been at RIUH before
7. Feast on delicious treats from the many F&B options available
Have some on-the-go steamboat at Lok Lok King, savour some delicious nyonya kuih from Kuih Inn, quench your thirst with a refreshing drink from YumCha Tea Bar, and lastly, cool down with some creamy, vegan ice cream from Kelava Ice Cream.
If ice cream isn't your kind of dessert, fret not because there will also be traditional tong sui available from Cornershop Desserts! Lastly, if you're just looking for a light snack, savour the flavours of Hou Sek Gourmet Snacks and get their golden salted egg fish skin, perfect to munch on or give as presents!
Here's a recap of all the stalls and performances you'll get to see at Gong Xi RIUH this coming Saturday and Sunday:
Also, do take note of the performance schedules so you don't miss out on your favourite acts and workshops:
Got cool news to share?