57-Year-Old Run Down By Car After Asking 2 Men To Turn Down Their Loud Music

The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

Cover image via Meor Riduwan Meor Ahmad/Harian Metro & Reuters/New Straits Times

Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, and Telegram for the latest stories and breaking news.

A 57-year-old man in Melaka was allegedly run down by a car after he asked two men to turn down the loud music they were playing from their car in the wee hours of the morning

According to the victim's son, the incident occurred at around 2.40am on Monday, 27 February, where the two men were believed to be consuming alcohol in their vehicle that was parked behind a restaurant at Plaza Pandan Malim.

"My father and I woke up from sleep at about 2.40am after hearing the booming music coming from that parking area," he told Harian Metro.

"My father went to tell them nicely (to turn the music down), so both of them left the place."

The location of the incident at Plaza Pandan Malim, Jalan Pokok Mangga in Melaka.

Image via Meor Riduwan Meor Ahmad/Harian Metro

However, he claimed that the two men came back in 10 minutes while playing louder music from their car

The son said he and his father were just about to return to bed when they heard the men come back with the disruptive music. So, they went out to ask the men to leave.

"However, the car suddenly tried to run me down, but thankfully, I was able to avoid them and ran behind the 24-hour restaurant," he recounted.

He said the car then turned around and ran into his father, who did not manage to avoid the vehicle and grabbed onto the front hood of the car, before being dragged 20m across the ground.

The suspects fled the scene while the son said he contacted an ambulance to send his father immediately to the hospital

The victim succumbed to his injuries in the intensive care unit (ICU) at Melaka Hospital about 11 hours after the incident at 2.04pm on Monday.

The 57-year-old father of seven was laid to rest at a cemetery in Kampung Pandan.

Melaka Tengah district police chief ACP Christopher Patit said the police have since detained a 28-year-old, who was placed under remand for seven days to assist in investigations, while they are currently tracking the other 27-year-old suspect.

The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.

Read more recent news on SAYS:

You may be interested in: