Farah Ann, Julian Yee, And 8 More Athletes Who Won Gold Medals At The 2019 SEA Games
The 2019 Southeast Asian Games (2019 SEA Games) kicked off in the Philippines on Saturday, 30 November, and the Malaysian contingent is busy doing us proud!
1. Loh Choon How (Wushu)
Loh bagged the first gold medal for Malaysia in the men's taijiquan event on the first day of the games before landing a second gold the next day in men's taijijian.
2. Lego Sam Jee Lek (Dancesport)
Sam became the first-ever SEA Games gold medallist in breakdancing as the dance type was only introduced as a dancesport event this year.
3. Amran Selamat, Tengku Ahmad Shazril Ezzani, Rashid Hasnan, and Syed Ahmad Saipulrudin (Polo)
The national polo squad defeated the Philippines to maintain their status as defending champions in the 4-6 high goal event.
4. Julian Yee (Figure skating)
Yee also retained the gold he won at the 2017 SEA Games in the men's singles event.
5. Yuga Sazlan and Mohd Taqiyuddin Hamid (Pencak silat)
Yuga and Taqiyuddin beat the Philippines and Laos to grab gold in the men's artistic doubles event.
6. Afiqah Dayana Budiman, Nur Ain Nabilah Tarmizi, Syafiqa Haidar Afif, and Siti Zalina Ahmad (Lawn bowling)
Malaysia impressively swept three gold medals in lawn bowling.
Afiqah, Nabilah, Syafiqa, and Siti Zalina started the ball rolling with a win in the women's fours event.
7. Emma Firyana Saroji and Nurul Alyani Jamil (Lawn bowling)
Emma and Alyani also snatched a gold in women's pairs.
8. Mohamad Fairus Abdul Jabal, Izzat Shameer Dzulkeple, and Mohammad Syamil Syazwani Ramli (Lawn bowling)
The men then completed the triple win in the men's triples event.
8. National netball team (Netball)
Way to go, Team Malaysia! We're cheering you on!