3-Year-Old Dies After Eating Poisoned Snacks, Brother Still In Critical Condition

His younger brother is still in a coma.

Cover image via Harian Metro & Malaysia Gazette

Follow us on Instagram, TikTok, and WhatsApp for the latest stories and breaking news.

One of the brothers who ingested snacks laced with poison died while receiving treatment at Penang General Hospital today, 10 July

According to the New Straits Times, 3-year-old Muhammad Akil Syauqi Abdul Rahman died at around 8.30am today.

Kulim deputy police chief DSP Safuan Md Nor confirmed Muhammad Akil's death in a brief statement.

"The investigation officer is on the way to the hospital; that is all I can disclose for now," he said.

Harian Metro reported that an autopsy will be carried out and Muhammad Akil's body will be transported to his home in Kampung Banggol Berangan, Labu Besar in Kulim, Kedah for burial.

Muhammad Akil Syauqi Abdul Rahman died after ingesting poisoned snacks meant for monkeys.

Image via Harian Metro

Muhammad Akil's 2-year-old brother, Muhammad Luth, is still fighting for his life

On Monday, 8 July, their 25-year-old mother, Nurain Hasnorizal, said Muhammad Luth was still in a coma.

Nurain had also said doctors could not treat Muhammad Akil's kidneys due to his unstable condition.

The boys were admitted to the hospital two days ago after ingesting snacks laced with rat poison found on an orchard fence near their home in Kampung Padang Ubi.

Nurain Hasnorizal showing a photo of her two sons.

Image via Zuhainy Zulkiffli/New Straits Times

Learn more about the case here:

Catch up on the latest trending stories on SAYS:

You may be interested in: